Over the counter medicine

perk2April 15, 2004

Does anyone know where I could go on the web to find what vitamin or medicine is good for. An example of what I mean is like the previous thread on joint supplement. Glucosamine is good for joint pain. I would like to find something for lowering cholestrerol and blood pressure. Thanks for any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carina

Consumer lab is great. You have to pay a small annual fee (because they don't take advertising I guess) but it's pretty interesting! Suprising what highly advertsied expensive brands are not all they are claimed to be, what store brands are fine, and what store brands are actually the expensive brands repackaged.

I was a subscriber, but it's been a while. Without paying you can get quite a bit of information though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Consumerlab

Bookmark   April 16, 2004 at 11:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morz8

You can do a search, typing in something like lowering high blood pressure naturally, and come up with lots of information. You would have to decide which tip might make sense for you though....

And, it's important that you take your prescribed medication and stay under your doctors care while trying to lower your pressure to a safe level. I've missed the family predisposition for high blood pressure, my sister has just recently begun to deal with it. My younger brother was able to stop his med, with his doctor's approval, by losing weight and beginning a strict excercise routine....in fact, he hired a trainer. He still stays in close touch with his doctor, and found when his life became even busier than usual and he had less time to go to the gym, it went up again. He's now taking the meds and working towards being able to stop again soon....

Bookmark   April 21, 2004 at 4:54PM
More Discussions
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
splotchy skin in the calf areas
The red spots are mostly pin size and are up to 1/8"....
naturelle
band aids
My dermatologist introduced me to Coverlet bandages....
shuffles_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™