Stay or Move

mrscAugust 13, 2006

My dear aunt recently passed at home, after a long illness. She was surrounded by the people & things she loved. But now I'm left with sad memories here. Especially in the room where she died, which is now our master bedroom.

Is it possible to make it a relaxing place again?

Is it better to move?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lulie___wayne

Just my personal opinion, but I certainly would hate to see you move from your home or the place where you have been living. I've always heard that after a loved ones passes away, that you should not make any major decisions until at least one year afterwards.
You could certainly change things around in the room and make it a happy place again and even leave cherished belongings of your aunt's in your view. When I go into my mom's bedroom, even though she died there, it makes me feel so close to her. I would definitely wait a while before choosing to move.
Lu

Bookmark   August 13, 2006 at 6:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
happysewer

Im so sorry about your loss. Reguarding your question, only you can answer that. Follow your heart and as Lu said, dont rush into anything to quickly. This whole process takes alot of time.
My only son died a year ago and for me, everything I have of his is a link to him I will never let go.
Carol

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 8:46AM
More Discussions
Do you believe in the afterlife?
I never gave much thought to death before... but now...
Sad-33
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
Disposing of Loved Ones' Belongings
Going through our deceased loved ones' belongings and...
lulie___wayne
Loss of my Precious son
Today marks one week that I lost my precious 22 year...
staciet129
How to live after the death of a spouse
Hope this might be helpful to some. 1 Before you move...
JoAnn_Fla
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™