ever had this happen... sore throat question

vacuumfreakApril 1, 2007

For the past week I have been feeling okay during the day, but while I am sleeping I develop a sore throat. When I wake up my throat is sore. As I continue the day the soreness diminishes and by mid day/afternoon it is gone. I don't have a cold or any other symptoms... anyone ever heard of this or experienced it? Seems deeper than a sore throat though... not really in back of mouth but more behind adams apple. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I have that happen sometimes if I sleep with the window open. The window is near my head.

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 8:05PM
catherinet

It can happen from snoring or mouth-breathing. It can also happen from reflux.

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 8:47PM
carla35

Sounds like allergies to me...especially if it is happening now.

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 11:56PM
coolmama

I agree with catherinet that you may be snoring or sleeping with your mouth open.
While I dont snore,I have been known to sleep with my mouth open (and even drool a bit on my pillow,eww) and I sometimes have the same problem.

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 3:49AM
lydia1959

That happens to me too if I have the window open or a fan on. Usually this time of year allergies are bad, you are probably having a reaction to pollen of some sort.

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 12:23PM
carla35

ok, let's put all the posts together...since I think we're really all saying the same thing...LOL

You left your window open during the strongest allergy time..thus allowing more pollen and such to enter your room. This will often lead to your nose getting stopped up and you having to substitute mouth breathing during the night, which leads to a sore throat in the morning which will diminsh during the day.

If closing the window itself doesn't help, you may want to talk to your doctor about a seasonal nasal spray unless you just want to tough it out until June.

Coincidentally, I just had my 3 yr old at the Dr.'s for an a.m. sore throat for the last week or two; he looked in his nose said he didn't have a cold that it was allergies, didn't run any more tests just put him on Nasonex. I thought too it could have been reflux since he had a bad bout as an infant but, doctor said with the timing and season he was pretty sure it was allergies. Although if you have a reflux history, may want to consider that too.

Good luck; I don't know where you are from but it seems like almost everyone around here is having problems the past couple weeks. I think it is a really bad allergy/pollen year.

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 1:19PM
devorah

I get it fall and spring.

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 6:00PM
vacuumfreak

Well, I never open the window and haven't had reflux before. I guess anything is possible... I've never had allergies but I know you can develop almost anything (allergies or reflux) overnight for some strange reason. Thanks for the advice!

Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 1:47AM
sheena_exploretalent_com

Learn about a simple and effective FREE sore throat remedy that is available anywhere! No medications to purchase, No waiting to see a doctor, Instant relief can be yours with this free informational health tip for an easy, at-home cure for sore throats that will help you beat colds and flu permanently. This remedy really works!

Visit www.throatsore.com to find out more.

Here is a link that might be useful: sore throat

Bookmark   December 2, 2008 at 12:05AM
More Discussions
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
The importance of biometrics in healthcare
Source: www.blogiritech.com The healthcare system,...
iritechinc
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Sponsored Products
Flock of Butterflies Wall Clock by Vitra
$1,065.00 | Lumens
Fiberglass Rolling Side Chair - Modernica
$375.00 | HORNE
Safavieh Handmade Malibu White Shag Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
Kharma II Brown Rectangle: 5 ft. 3 in. x 7 ft. 6 in. Rug
$349.00 | Bellacor
AICO Furniture - After Eight Queen Upholstered Bed Pearl Croc -...
Great Furniture Deal
Minka Lavery Chandeliers 3-Light Provencal Blanc Mini Chandelier 3137-648
Home Depot
Montana Woodworks Glacier Country Television Stand
Beyond Stores
Tuscan Return Office Group
Ballard Designs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™