Checking in to say Hello

mav63_2007August 15, 2008

It has been quite a while since I stopped by to say Hello to everyone, I hope you are all doing better, one day at a time. It has been 20 months since I lost my DH and it has been rough but I am coming around gradually. Work and knitting have been my salvation and I am pleased to say that I think I can go on living. I still have the occasional meltdown but I can smile and remember happy times now.

My love to all.

Mav.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

It's good to hear you're doing well!

I can relate to the healing power of work:

When I lost my great uncle, a man who had been "there" in my life since I was a tiny little girl, who was a solid rock in a shifting world, it really hit me hard.

I bought a little plaque from his estate sale.

It said, "Give Us This Day Our Daily Work".

Work really got me through some pretty bleak times that summer & fall.

Again, glad you're doing well & remembering good times.

Bookmark   August 21, 2008 at 6:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mav63_2007

Thank you for your response. I miss my sweetheart desparately and love him more every day.I originally thought that I was dealt a raw deal by being widowed young (two days after my 63 birthday) but the more time goes on and the more widows I meet I think that it would have been harder to be widowed in later years when I would be retired, less capable and just hours on end at home alone. The key to healing is having a busy life wich forces you to come out of youself and go on living. In no way is this easy and greiving still takes a toll but, in my case, being younger has been a positive and I can see that now. On the negative side,I may have to spend a long time on this earth before we can be reunited again in pradise.

Bookmark   August 22, 2008 at 9:53AM
More Discussions
Dad just passed away
My dad had a heart attack on Thursday January 22, 2015....
kissfan1
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy, see link Here is a...
Konrad___far_north
hard to let go
I lost my husband of 37 years in just 3 weeks of finding...
greendalelady
Disposing of Loved Ones' Belongings
Going through our deceased loved ones' belongings and...
lulie___wayne
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™