Spot compression??

petra_gwApril 7, 2006

I finally had my first mammogram a week ago, and since I hadn't heard anything from the doc's office, I called them. The nurse checked the report and told me I have to go back for something called a "spot compression"!! She said since this was my first mammo and they don't have a baseline, they just want to make sure a specific area is nothing to be concerned about. Has anyone here had that happen before?? I am sort of upset and scared about this, I called fully expecting to get a clean bill of health since I hadn't heard anything, and now I have to go back. Arghhhhh...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gazania_gw

Petra, it happens all the time. There are many reasons why a spot shows up that they want to recheck. Of course it could be something to be concerned about, but more often it is just a shadow or a denser area of tissue or a less than perfect film. Try to relax and be glad you called them to find out your results. I am sure they would have called you soon. It is not unusual to wait for a couple weeks for these test results to become available.

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 7:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petra_gw

Hi Gazania, thanks for your reply. I called the mammo place and the tech told me they are just being cautious, and not to lose any sleep over it, so that made me feel a little better. I know I am going to worry until I find out, but at least I won't be a basket case. :o)

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 9:19PM
More Discussions
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
a night guard for teeth grinding, worth the money?
Many times with many different dentists it has been...
bug_girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™