Ceiling Speakers recommendations/help

cedar32December 29, 2009

For a new build I'd like to install ceiling speakers in our kitchen and in the living room. We are not ultra serious audiophiles but i'd like some fairly decent speakers for music listening.... I looked at Moderno 6.5" speakers, M6R model and some 6.5" Speaker Craft models. The Modernos were not hooked up so I couldn't listen to them, the Speaker Craft sounded pretty good. Can anyone suggest any other brands to look into, if you have any experience with either of the 2 I mentioned, how do you find them... any other suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mongoct

I just went through the same buying process. I'm installing two more pair of wall speakers tomorrow to dress out a Sonos network.

I listened to the MLCR's and the M6's from Sonance and both of the SpeakerCraft speakers. I went in biased towards the Modernos.

Both speakers had similar 92dB efficiency ratings and both were 8ohm, which is what I wanted. The Speakercraft had slightly better low end, the Modernos were a little brighter. If installing a subwoofer you can beef up the bass with that.

One advantage of the SpeakerCraft model was the adjustable tweeter. One room of mine has a tricky location and that seems like a selling point to me.

I did a fair amount of blind A/B and actually liked the SpeakerCraft better.

Bookmark   January 27, 2010 at 1:54AM
More Discussions
4k or uhd tv
Has anyone here bought a 4K (Ultra High Definition)...
dodge59
What do I need to know to buy a wall mount?
I have been looking at a swivel wall mount for a new...
redcurls
Midcentury decor - suggestions for media stand
My son has a very large flat screen TV with components...
bichonlover3
best universall remote for plasma/cd player/radio, etc.
Finally got our beautiful/great sounding(looks/sound...
bafeuer
any use of ntsc tv tuner
I still have a NTSC TV tuner for the computer. With...
redsun9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™