new flat screen viewing

Linda GiorgiDecember 18, 2007

We are redoing our den and getting a new flat screen. We were wondering how high to install the screen. We are hanging it directly on the wall. Should it be eye level? Or higher being that you have to walk by the screen to get outside. The room is 12 x 16. It will be placed on the wall that is 12. So we are not far from the screen, Any suggests about the size and height. Also should we get plasma. We have LCD in the kitchen and you can not view it from all angles.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

my den is 14x19, with the LCD on teh 14' wall. i put it so that the bottom of the tv is roughly 5.5' off the floor and it works for us. we can view it from any angle in the room just fine, but that varies by model so you may wish to look at one that is powered on in the store to make sure.

the way we settled on our height was to put the TV on top of the old entertainment center and raise it up until it was uncomfortable to view from our recliners. since ours had a stand on it this was easy to do. then we move the old EC and stood the TV on some crates to bring it down until we found the height we wanted. i simply measured the height and then installed the wall mount. if you have a couple folks tha tcan help you, they can raise and lower it to see where you want it without having to sit it on something.

Bookmark   December 18, 2007 at 3:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fandlil

crutchfield.com website has a detailed set of guidelines on tv size and location. We have bought several tvs from them and found their representatives very well informed and helpful on the phone. In terms of buying from them, they are not the cheapest, but they more than make up for that with the level of service they provide.

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 6:45PM
More Discussions
DVR with disk burner?
I'd like to buy a hard disk recorder to record over...
ionized_gw
Great solution for mounting TV over fireplace
Hi all, We just moved into a new house and unfortunately,...
chorchie
Wireless cable/satellite boxes?
We are planning on putting our TV above our gas fireplace....
broston2
Small Stereo Speakers
I want to buy a pair of small stereo speakers. I am...
john_wc
Speaker Placement for multiple watching configurations
We have a minor dilemma about where to put our speakers. Our...
fynite
Sponsored Products
New York Mets Mini Table
$12.99 | zulily
Henkel Harris Four Poster King Bed
LuxeDecor
Modoluce | Discovolante Small Ceiling Light
$957.75 | YLighting
Revel Satin Nickel One-Light Fluorescent Wall Sconce with Maple Wood Trim
$494.40 | Bellacor
Bay View Stainless 13 1/2" High Stainless Post Light
Lamps Plus