Detoxifying Your Colon Naturally

jbkiddApril 24, 2006

Has anyone every done this in a natural way instead of using over the counter products. I am always concerned about some of these products. I know there is talk about some herbal products being harmful.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

Your colon DOES NOT need to be "detoxified." what's in the colon is supposed to be there. Man has existed for thousands of years without having to take these products. Some of the "natural" products can upset the digestive tract to such an extent that normal digestion becomes disturbed. Drink plenty of water. Eat lots of vegetables, especially green leafy ones. Eat breakfast cereal with lots of fiber. Shredded Wheat is an excellent choice.

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 3:05PM
jbkidd

So all this talk about fecal build up in your colon is rubbish??

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 3:28PM
agnespuffin

If you have "fecal buildup" it's because you don't go to the bathroom when you should. Unless you are elderly or have some condition that interferes with normal bowel movement, you will have an urge to go and that is how nature works. Enough liquids, proper food and a healthy lifestyle and the bowel will work. There is always some stool in the bowel. It is never completly empty. Waste is formed as the food is processed in the intestines, some foods take longer than others. Therefore, there is always some waste moving along.

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 5:43PM
marylmi

I was reading about that on the Mayo Clinic site, I believe, and it said that the colon doesn't need to be "detoxified".

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 9:11PM
socks

I agree with Agnespuffin's opinion. Eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of water, exercise, and you will be fine.

Bookmark   April 27, 2006 at 12:44AM
jannie

Twenty years ago, I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrom, IBS. Symptoms were alternating cycles of diarrhea and constipation, not to mention pain. My kindly physician said never to use any laxatives, best to drink more water and eat foods with natural fiber. Apples and lemons are great. I bought two water filter pitchers, one for home and one for work. I now drink about two quarts of water a day, or lemonade. The symptoms went away years ago. Good luck to you.

Bookmark   May 7, 2006 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
shingles
i've been told if i don't move around so much that...
brightmoregirl
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
HEARING AIDS SUGGESTIONS/EXPERIENCES
Need at least one hearing aid. Dr recommends type...
Robert Givens
Sponsored Products
Canyon Ranch Red Flower Gift Set
$249.00 | FRONTGATE
Agraria Bitter Orange Bath Salts
$49.00 | FRONTGATE
Waring Pro Juicer with Citrus Attachment
$249.00 | FRONTGATE
Agraria Lemon Verbena Bath Salts
$49.00 | FRONTGATE
Agraria Lavender & Rosemary Bath Salts
$49.00 | FRONTGATE