6 TV's in 6 different rooms...figuring out satellite dish...help!

nikkidanNovember 22, 2011

We plan to have 5-6 TV's in our new home. 3 on main floor (livingroom, master bedroom, and a hookup in the guest bedroom just in case). 3 upstairs (kids livingroom, sons bedroom, and daughters bedroom). Also considering a hook up above the corner pantry door in the kitchen.

We have Dish Network now, and planning to just do the dish mover with them and keep Dish Network. I've been told that I can get up to 3 duo-recievers. Each would run 2 TV's. That means one receiver would have to run a TV on each floor. Will the remote work to change the channel on a TV that is that far from the receiver?

I also need to determine which receiver will run which TV's. I'm going to have to call them again to get more info...I wonder how many single receivers I would be allowed?

Am I just planning on too many TV's? Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nikkidan

BTW...regular cable Tv is not an option out in the country where we are building. We have to have a dish.

Bookmark   November 22, 2011 at 11:35PM
jimisham

Ask your question on this forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: DBS Talk

Bookmark   November 23, 2011 at 8:49AM
dodge59

We have dish network and a 2 story house. For a while, the dish receiver in the upstairs bedroom, operated a TV in there and also a small TV we had in the kitchen. The remote for the
receiver is RF and it had no problem controlling the receiver upstairs, which was quite a distance.

We have since, built in an entertainment center in our family room with a 52" Sharp Aquos, easily seen and heard from the kitchen, so we don't use that RF setup, anymore, except for the spare bedroom, and it still works well.

The RF controlled receiver is NOT HD, so hopefully they have such a receiver, but we don't really need the HD in the spare bedroom.

HTH's

Gary

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 6:30PM
More Discussions
Help with mounting a TV in my Breakfast Nook
Hi all, The photo above is the Breakfast Nook in my...
mwkbear
best universall remote for plasma/cd player/radio, etc.
Finally got our beautiful/great sounding(looks/sound...
bafeuer
Need help buying a popcorn machine for Media Room
I am trying to buy a popcorn machine for our family...
leibrook
4k or uhd tv
Has anyone here bought a 4K (Ultra High Definition)...
dodge59
Speaker Placement for multiple watching configurations
We have a minor dilemma about where to put our speakers. Our...
Fynite
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™