So, how do I get rid of it?

differentdreamerNovember 6, 2011

Several years ago, DH bought a 60" rear projection HDTV for the master bedroom. Since then, back problems have resulted in not actually being able to sit in bed and watch TV. We never watch it, and we'd like to get rid of it.

I've currently got the tv listed on Craigslist, but it is a monster of a dinosaur.

Any tips on how I can get this thing sold?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ncamy

In my area these are given away for free on craigslist. If you really want to get rid of it, try listing it for free.

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 7:01AM
mike_kaiser_gw

Make sure you accurately describe the set and include pictures (preferably of the set "on" so that people know it works).

Price it appropriately, it's probably worth $50 to $100. Too expensive and folks won't want it. Too cheap and folks wonder what's wrong with it. You may also want to include "or best offer". If you (or a friend) are willing to help move it, say that. Otherwise make it clear they need to bring a helper.

If you simply want to dispose of it, I'd put it out on the curb as early before trash day as local ordinances allow. Then post a message in the free section saying it's there for the taking.

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 7:45AM
edwinsmoz

I agree, I tried to sell mine on craigslist and I got no response also. I decided to keep it until we can afford a better flat screen. You might want to just list it as a free TV.

Bookmark   November 10, 2011 at 1:48PM
differentdreamer

Well, unbelievably, I sold it today, for what I was asking! I really didn't think it was going to go anywhere.

Woohoo!

Bookmark   November 13, 2011 at 3:52PM
ocnick

good luck on selling it! glad you did!

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 8:48PM
More Discussions
Seeking layout suggestions
So we are not fond of our current media setup in our...
tkstock
4k or uhd tv
Has anyone here bought a 4K (Ultra High Definition)...
dodge59
DVR with disk burner?
I'd like to buy a hard disk recorder to record over...
ionized_gw
Nielson Ratings
Has anyone been chosen to do the Neilson Ratings? I...
berk
Need help buying a popcorn machine for Media Room
I am trying to buy a popcorn machine for our family...
leibrook
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™