foot sprain

susan_onApril 1, 2006

Does anybody know how long it takes for a foot sprain to heal? I fell the other day (Wednesday), and hurt the outside of my foot. They xrayed it, and said it isn't broken, it's a sprain. But I still can't walk on it and it's still too swollen to put a shoe on. Due to previous injuries from an mva, I can't really use crutches (left wrist and right shoulder). I pulled my groin muscle too, but that's healing, it's just the foot that isn't.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

It's still too soon to expect healing. The swelling should soon start to go down and then you can expect the soreness to start going away. Stretch out on the couch with your foot elevated as much as possible. Stay off it as you may just be doing more damage to the muscles, etc. Don't even think about trying to get a shoe on.

Bookmark   April 1, 2006 at 11:54AM
susan_on

Wow. I didn't think it would be this big a deal.

Bookmark   April 1, 2006 at 1:49PM
socks

If you use a cane on the side which is NOT hurt, stepping forward with the cane and the hurt foot at the same time, it reduces the weight on the hurt foot. That might help for when you have to walk.

Bookmark   April 1, 2006 at 2:37PM
susan_on

Ok, thanks.

Bookmark   April 1, 2006 at 5:34PM
jenn

Take good care of it now so it heals properly and won't cause problems down the road. Meanwhile, take it easy, put your foot up, and catch up on your reading. :-)

Jen

Bookmark   April 1, 2006 at 7:25PM
susan_on

Ok, I'll try. But I have a "restless" type of personality, and staying still isn't easy for me. I will try though.

Bookmark   April 1, 2006 at 7:30PM
More Discussions
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Tennis Elbow
Was just dx with a tennis elbow...Besides taking the...
anicee
tough skin on feet
I have been to foot doc.and they say rhey don't know...
goldy
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
Taking yourself off Paxil without side effects...???
One of my dear friends, J, had been taking Paxil for...
sooz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™