Need a product to increase the coefficient of friction for my out

pjaxsonJuly 31, 2012

I have an awesome homemade patio in my backyard which during the nice seasons gets more attention than my living room probably does. It is made primarily of treated wood, but I did insert squares of tile to give it some design and color. What I didn�t plan for was the tile being excessively slippery when it is wet. If there are any water spots on the tile after I hose the patio off or after it rains I am sure to slip when walking across them. I am in need of a product that I can now apply to the tile after it has already been placed into the patio to help make it safer. Does anyone have any advice for my particular situation?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
claire44

Last summer my husband re-did out bathroom floors with new tile and it wasn't til after the fact that we realized how slippery it was when it got wet from the shower or sink. We purchased a product called Johnny Grip after his friend from work suggested it and it worked well for us. I'm not sure if it will work for tile that is outdoors in the elements all the time, but if you want to call them up and find out I'm sure their number is on the website http://www.slipperytile.com/coefficient-of-friction-tile Hope you can work this out.
P.S.- I wish I had a homemade patio!! :)

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 5:27PM
pjaxson

Thanks Claire44. I called their number and spoke with a customer service rep. but he seemed a little distracted at the time lol. He did say that it would work for the tile inserts on my patio so I�m hoping for the best. Now I�m just waiting for the product to get here.

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 5:30PM
claire44

Best of luck :)

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 5:32PM
pjaxson

I applied the product a few days ago and so far, so good. It was a little tedious having to be down on my hands and knees to coat it onto each individual tile square with a sponge, but I guess if I was working with an entire kitchen floor and a mop it would have been a bit easier! Now only time will tell if it lasts�

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 10:05PM
More Discussions
Chinese Hardwood Flooring - After Lumber Liquidators & 60 Minutes
Wondering how folks are now feeling about buying imported...
Ken Fisher
Brazilian Cherry with infloor heat, rug or no rug
We just got our in floor heat installed in the sunroom. Hoping...
sewwhatsnew
Carpet on concrete..what is proper installation?
Want to install carpeting on cement slab foundation,...
slc2053
Carpet removal cost seems high, is it?
I got a quote for new carpet in a new-to-me house....
prettybluehouse
No hardwood warranty from HOM Furniture store - midwest
So after falling in love with Birch engineered floor...
Maryna
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™