Holidays are tough!

deb---09July 5, 2009

First 4th of July without my Mom. She passed away 3 months ago. I didn't even feel like having a get together except the 4th is my son's birthday, so...It makes me so sad to see all of the changes taking place-my Mom gone, my mother in law battling cancer, my dad and his wife showing up for cookouts now because my Mom isn't here. My kids are growing up, it's just all so different. I wish I could go back in time and embrace what I had before it was gone! Sometimes I miss my Mom so much I just want to scream! The thought that she will never be at another family get together is too sad for me to even comprehend! Thanks for listening!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loagiehoagie

Deb, I know how hard it is for you. I had the same feeling on the 4th. I was super busy with my business so that did help some....but I just wanted to go back to being 10 years old again...holding a sparkler...being with my mom and family, friends and neighbors. Barbequing and laughter. Kids playing ball and looking forward to the fireworks. Yes, it's different now. It never will be the same again. Only memories, which are comforting on the one hand and painful at the same time. Knowing times will never be what they were. Just know your mom is in heaven and it is wonderful. She doesn't want you to be sad. You will be together again when the time is at hand. She is in a land of joy and light with immeasurable happiness. Try to remember that and be happy for her, even when you must feel bad for yourself stuck on this rock called Earth.

Duane

Bookmark   July 6, 2009 at 10:31AM
lulie___wayne

I'm feeling more and more like that as time goes on and we keep losing family members. I miss the past so much. We used to always be getting together doing things whether it was a holiday or not. Nothing is the same anymore. I miss the past and my loved ones so much. I do look forward to the day that we are all together again and I am happy for those who can enjoy heaven now. Just miss them a lot and life is hard without them.
Lu

Bookmark   July 7, 2009 at 3:03PM
heydeborah

Hi Deb

i know just how you feel. i lost my husband almost 2 1/2 years ago. we changed all the national holidays around for us the first year and started new traditions. lasgna for Easter? well we did it. our son's birthday and our daughters birthday, well they stayed the same. Christmas, well we didn'y put a tree and we had it on december 23. and did church on dec. 25 like usual. this past year we did have a tree and bought all new decorations, my Al loved Christmas. Nothing will be the same anymore, but we know that we will get thru it and that Al is watching us and knows that we miss him and that he can be proud of us.

deb

Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 12:49AM
More Discussions
Seeing a Loved One After They Passed Away
I have heard a few stories of people who have actually...
lulie___wayne
Sudden Witnessed Death of Spouse
I am new to this forum. I found this site after Google...
jcsgirl2012
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy, see link Here is a...
Konrad___far_north
Pennies
I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16...
mnsara
How to live after the death of a spouse
Hope this might be helpful to some. 1 Before you move...
JoAnn_Fla
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Amherst Light Grey/Beige 4 ft.
$84.80 | Home Depot
Avanti 12 Bottle Wine Cooler with Soft Touch Display
$149.95 | FRONTGATE
Abetta Endurance Wide Flex with Aire Grip - 20510FWC6BK
$386.75 | Hayneedle
Calphalon 1779207 4 Slice Toaster - 1779207
$79.99 | Hayneedle
WW 770002 17.3 ft 5C Green Wire 50 LED Christmas Lights
EnvironmentalLights.com
Christmas Noel Star Tree Skirt by Selections by Chaumont
Overstock.com
Pillow Perfect Framed Christmas Tree 16.5-inch Throw Pillow