'The Notebook'

lulie___wayneJuly 16, 2004

I'm going to see "The Notebook" tomorrow. Have any of you seen it? Do you think it will make me sad after just having lost Mom to Alzheimer's? I heard that it was really good.

Lu

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
country_bumpkin_al

Lulie....my son and his GF went to see it. He told me he thought I'd like it, so the next week, he and I went to see it! On a scale of 1-10....I give it a 10!!! It's a very moving love story!!
Take tissues!!! I didn't and left the theater with makeup all over the sleeves of my shirt!!! lol

Bookmark   July 16, 2004 at 10:09PM
dian57

If it's half as good as the book, you'll love it. I had a terrible time trying to read the last chapter because I couldn't stop crying long enough for my eyes to focus. I hope the movie conveys the rich depth of the love between the couple. Yes, take tissues.

Bookmark   July 17, 2004 at 5:54AM
country_bumpkin_al

I didn't read the book (didn't know there WAS a book..lol),but the movie was good enough that I saw it TWICE! Something I never do!!*S*

Bookmark   July 17, 2004 at 1:53PM
lulie___wayne

Well, I saw it tonight and I loved it, but my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! My friend and I had a hard time holding back a major crying jag. When we got up, we both told each other that we wanted to just sit there for an hour and wail. Being that Mom just passed away from Alzheimer's and Mom and Dad had such a beautiful life filled with so much love to the bitter end, it reminded me so much of them.
A friend of mine made a special call to me a few days ago,to tell me that she wanted DH and me to go see it together because she said that the couple's love reminded her of the love that DH and I share. She told me that she has always been so envious because even though she has been married twice, she never had that obvious, passionate, love with anyone. I feel sorry for her that she hasn't, but seeing the movie and hearing her tell me that again, has made me feel grateful for being fortunate enough to live it personally and to have seen it in my parents. I know not everyone is that fortunate. I shouldn't take it for granted, I know.
I really do want to read the book after I finish some of these projects around here. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I hope I can still see when that time comes. LOL
Bump, I took your advice and brought kleenex to the movie, but tried not to have to use them because I knew if I got started, I wouldn't be able to stop. I did pretty well. There was a great big man sitting next to me crying his eyes out. It was sweet.
Lu

Bookmark   July 18, 2004 at 12:35AM
country_bumpkin_al

I'm so glad you went to see it and liked it! When we left the theater, the only one NOT sobbing was a kid about 9yrs. old! Guess they couldn't find a sitter for him!! lol

Bookmark   July 18, 2004 at 2:59PM
lulie___wayne

He was probably totally oblivious to what the movie was all about. Probably squirming in his seat wanting to go home. lol
I want my DH to see it, although he probably wouldn't like it like I did. I guess it's more of a "chick flick".
Lu

Bookmark   July 18, 2004 at 4:18PM
More Discussions
Gift
Hello, I joined today because a friend has just lost...
friend2U
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
sudden death of husband at 46 years of age
Hi...I stumbled upon this forum and felt compelled...
still_in_shock
Pennies
I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16...
mnsara
i have never felt so alone lost and frightened
i too lost my husband. he was 37 when he passed. due...
BewilderedShock
Sponsored Products
Auberge Monogrammed Fingertip Towel - WHITE (F)
$16.00 | Horchow
New Adina Collection Kazak Hand Knotted Wool Veg Dyed Area Rug H688
BH Sun Inc
Minnesota Twins Root Beer Mug
$14.99 | zulily
Emerson Sofa - Bentley Daisey Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Slumber Solutions Highloft Supreme 4-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Overstock.com
60" x 60" Stone shower base Pure Black Granite - CHICAGO SHADOW
Living'ROC
Ooni Pendant by LBL Lighting