pool side music

masterchiefAugust 15, 2008

We would like to have music poolside, yet we are not too sure what would be the best method? We are looking for an aesthetically pleasing solution; one that blends in to the area.

We are fairly new, so we do not even know where to start, so

if anyone has any starting tips or suggestions please let us know.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

they make many types of outdoor speakers. you cna get ones that look like a rock, you cna get under eave speakers, you can hide them in shrubs or trees. as to the controller itself, it will have to go inside somewhere. get a unit with a RF remote so that it will work thru walls. a standard IR remote will not.

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 11:38PM
masterchief

thank you david for the response, the RF remote is the step in the plan that we were missing.

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 1:42AM
mongoct

At my pool I bought a marine radio/cd player. It has an "aux" in, which is used for attaching an ipod. It also has a remote control which is waterproof and floats.

The marine radio is 12vdc, so I bought an inverter to convert the ac line voltage to 12vdc.

I installed two pairs or speakers.

The sound is great, the ipod attachment really makes it versatile in terms of music, especially when my kids have pool parties. Anyone can plug in their ipod and get their Favorite music mix going.

My original plan was to hook up the system to my home stereo, as I have a massive cd collection loaded in several 400-cd daisy chained cd jukeboxes.

This setup was much less expensive, less prone to drop-offs, and much easier to install.

JBL marine radio which I got for about $250.

Yamaha NS-AW570 speakers were the best ones I found that didn't have a whole lot of bass drop of outdoors. Great dynamic range on these. $90 a pair.

Inverter, simply lug it in to and AC outlet and wire the marine radio's 12v wires to the screws on the sied. Easy. $35.

I built what almost looks like a little bird house to house the inverter and radio, it's mounted on a post at the pool patio. It has a storage shelf for CDs and a pullout shelf to hold an ipod.

Total outlay was about $500.

Works great, and sounds fabulous.

Mongo

Bookmark   October 25, 2008 at 12:51PM
More Discussions
Any advice about a smartwatch
Hello Friends, Has any of you guys been looking at...
venkatd
Which Gaming System is the Best: Game Cube, Play Station or XBox?
Which do you think is the best and why? What games...
cupofkindness
Where to put speakers -- for music and movies?
Hello, I'm totally coming into this late in the process....
GreenHighlighter
Internet choices few
For my under-construction home, I have few internet...
mtvhike
4k or uhd tv
Has anyone here bought a 4K (Ultra High Definition)...
dodge59
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™