Itchiness from heat or stress? No rash or marks.

mitchy02March 8, 2007

Lately when it gets somewhat hot or when I get stressed, I get a rush of prickly spikes (that feels like it's poking me) which then I get really itchy all over my body, arms and legs.

What's weird is that I dont get any heat rashes or bumps or red marks. I do get heat rash sometimes when I work out though but this isn't the case.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or a way to get this of this?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coolmama

Hmm...sounds like hives,which I think can be brought on by stress.
When I get very upset,break out in big red blotches all over my chest.They dont itch though and usually go away when I calm down.
I think if you go to the doctor,they can give you something for the itching...maybe even for the stress too.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 12:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

mitchy.......are you female? Could you be in perimenopause? You can get funky things like that when your hormones start fluctuating.
Also, be sure to take a multivitamin every day......and be sure to get "B" supplements too. That can affect your sensory stuff.
My neck used to get so itchy, and I discovered that it was dairy products.....especially ice cream, so be aware of what you've eaten in the last 24 hours too.
When I went through perimenopause, I got all sorts of funky neuro stuff........buzzing and tingling in my legs and abdomen, feeling like the top of my scalp was contracting. The B vitamins really helped.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 10:43AM
More Discussions
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™