Need help mounting speaker on stand

dang0001August 25, 2007

Hey All,

I'm just bought Sanus Systems speaker stands for my Boston Acoustics speakers. Everything seems pretty straightforward, except for one thing: the system for mounting the speakers onto the stand doesn't seem all that secure.

My options are brass speaker studs or neoprene speaker pads. The instructions at http://www.sanus.com/pdf/manualEN/NFOins_111904.pdf don't really explain how to do either of them. Neither one really seems to securely attach the speakers so they can't fall off.

Can some kind soul please help me out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

Pretty much any way of securely attaching the speakers to the stands will require a somewhat-invasive treatment of the speaker. You could bolt the speakers to the stands, but this would require putting holes in the bottom of your speakers (if holes aren't already present). Or you could use something like the tape that's used to attach metal fenders to truck bodies. But that probably will take a layer off whatever the speaker cabinet is made out of if you ever need to remove it from the stand.

I'm not entirely sure you want to bolt them together anyway. Speaker stands like those (and like mine) are not the most stable structures and the same forces which would knock a speaker off a stand likely will topple a speaker bolted to a stand. It's just that much more to fall and damage things on the way down. I don't have kids or pets (yet) which could hit the speaker/stand inadvertantly; if/when that happens, I'll have to figure out how to move the stands out of harm's way so that is less likely to happen. Or go for floor-standing speakers. :-)

Bookmark   August 26, 2007 at 9:38AM
More Discussions
Which Gaming System is the Best: Game Cube, Play Station or XBox?
Which do you think is the best and why? What games...
cupofkindness
Nielson Ratings
Has anyone been chosen to do the Neilson Ratings? I...
berk
Any advice about a smartwatch
Hello Friends, Has any of you guys been looking at...
venkatd
Speaker Placement for multiple watching configurations
We have a minor dilemma about where to put our speakers. Our...
fynite
Internet choices few
For my under-construction home, I have few internet...
mtvhike
Sponsored Products
Real Carriage Timeline Z-Brace Barn Door - BDK-MW-3681-Z
$920.00 | Hayneedle
Rustic Two-Light Flush Mount
$59.99 | zulily
Filament Design Wall Mounted Infinite Wall-Mount 2-Light Outdoor Bronze
Home Depot
Marta White Mini Pendant
$152.00 | Bellacor
Posture Support California King-size 14-inch Platform Frame
Overstock.com