TV advice for large room

thepopeAugust 5, 2006

We are purchasing a home with a 25 x 25 family room. We plan on having a built-in entertainment center put on one wall. Any TV suggestions? We are interested in a good picture but have done little research.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gw:suzanne-suzanne

that room's large enough that you can have some separate seating areas. You wouldn't want just a huge sectional sofa thing aimed at the TV wall, right? At the side of the room not devoted to the TV, put some armchairs, a table, a sofa, bookshelves, whatever.

Do something to CREATE a smaller area for the TV. I'd think in a 25 x 25 room, if you ONLY had seating devoted to the TV, you'd need a tv so gargantuan it would be gross.

OTOH, if you've also got a dedicated living room area, separate from this very large room, maybe you really want to do a home theater thing? If so, I'd be looking at a nice large screen.... do you get to design the whole thing? So you can put a plasma or LCD up? 50 or 65 inches would be cool.

If you are building the whole thing from scratch, put the speakers in the walls or ceilings - we just re-did a 12 yr old entertainment center to 'fit' around a large flat panel, and we still ended up with a 'deep' piece, to fit the speakers!

S.

Bookmark   August 6, 2006 at 11:36PM
More Discussions
any use of ntsc tv tuner
I still have a NTSC TV tuner for the computer. With...
redsun9
Great solution for mounting TV over fireplace
Hi all, We just moved into a new house and unfortunately,...
chorchie
What do I need to know to buy a wall mount?
I have been looking at a swivel wall mount for a new...
redcurls
best universall remote for plasma/cd player/radio, etc.
Finally got our beautiful/great sounding(looks/sound...
bafeuer
AV wiring for new build
I'm building a new house and want to put in desired...
mtvhike
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™