A Sign....... Maybe???

lulie___wayneJuly 26, 2004

I observed a pretty neat thing today, but I'll give you a little background info.

I had always wished that Christin's clock that had been in her apartment, would stop at the time that she passed away, at 6:44. Well, it didn't stop at that time.

I was at my mom and dad's a few months ago and noticed that their clock on their stove was stopped at 6:44. I asked my dad how long it had been like that and he said for quite sometime. Now, I know it may not have stopped at the same date as Christin left, but it did stop at the correct time.

Last night I had a long talk with God and mom and asked them for a sign from Mom. Today I was in Christin's room organizing some of our thousands of pictures (sigh) and I looked up at the clock that had been in her apartment and had stopped a few years ago, and guess what!!! It had stopped at the same time that my mom had passed away!!!

What do you all make of that? I hope it is a sign from Mom.

Lu

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
derryw

Gosh Lulie,,,,I can't think of anything else it COULD have been. Derry

Bookmark   July 26, 2004 at 7:04PM
nora8

Lu, I believe God allows this to bring you comfort and to let you know that they are together with Him. Our God is a all powerful God that has heard you and has answered your prayer. Thank you Lord for giving this sign to Lu. God Bless you Lu. Nora

Bookmark   July 27, 2004 at 12:27AM
lulie___wayne

I'm just thinking with 1,440 minutes in a day, it is pretty odd that TWO clocks stopped at those times in each other's houses to show that they are together, like you said, Nora. Isn't that something how God knew a few years ago what time Mom would pass away and let that clock stop at that time because He also knew that I would want that kind of sign?
When Mom was dying, I kept looking back at the clock each time she would take a breath because for some reason, knowing the time was important to me. Same for Christin.
Lu

Bookmark   July 27, 2004 at 11:43AM
terrizx

lu that is so awesome!!!!you must have felt a wave of comfort wash over you....signs are so important to me also...i know that since jamie died one of our signs from her is a beautiful cardinal that sits on our bird feeder every morning and looks in the window....yesterday it flew into our garage like it was trying to get in the house....that made me feel so close to her....

Bookmark   July 27, 2004 at 2:06PM
PRO
Nell Jean

Take comfort where you find it. It has been said that coincidence is the Lord's way of showing His Sense of Humor.

Bookmark   July 27, 2004 at 5:13PM
lulie___wayne

Terri, actually when I looked up and the clock and realized that it was the time that Mom left, I think my mouth fell open. It was almost disbelief that that could have happened that way.
I have a good friend whose son's symbol or sign is a cardinal also. I'm so glad that you get this daily. That is awesome!
Lu

Bookmark   July 27, 2004 at 8:28PM
Nberg

I agree, Lu, it sure could be. I know my DH always said that he felt like when he found a penny, it was a sign from the Angels that God was there. Now it seems that every time I am in a place where I do not feel real secure or I need Mel and God's comfort, I have found a penny in the oddest place. Abe is on the penny and Mel was tall, bearded and was call Abe by many because he looked like him. Now when I find a penny, I say "Hello, Mel, thanks, God"
I know if you pray for something and really beleive it will happen, it will. I know, God promised. This makes me feel much closer to Mel and know he is still around.
Nan

Bookmark   July 28, 2004 at 8:41AM
jeanette1511

Please check "Letter from Heaven" for a poem I hope will comfort you in some small way.

Jeanette

Bookmark   July 30, 2004 at 12:46AM
dcrowex

lu, i most definitely believe this too. my good friends mother passed away about a year ago. next to her bed, where she had been bedridden for a couple years, was her clock. the clock had worked many, many years, but as they went thru her room the next several days after the funeral, they found the clock had stopped at the exact time of her death as well.
deb

Bookmark   July 31, 2004 at 7:07AM
lulie___wayne

Deb, I'm so glad that you told me that. Throughout bibical history and even afterwards, time and dates have been very significant. As I said before, God knew that this would be the kind of sign/gift that I would notice. Maybe others would not have ever noticed this. Sometimes I think we have to watch for signs.
Lu

Bookmark   August 1, 2004 at 12:12AM
More Discussions
sudden death of husband at 46 years of age
Hi...I stumbled upon this forum and felt compelled...
still_in_shock
How to live after the death of a spouse
Hope this might be helpful to some. 1 Before you move...
JoAnn_Fla
Losing Someone to Suicide
I once had a roommate, call her Yvonne, who was bi-polar; when...
sylviatexas1
Sudden Witnessed Death of Spouse
I am new to this forum. I found this site after Google...
jcsgirl2012
Loss of my Precious son
Today marks one week that I lost my precious 22 year...
staciet129
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™