Has anyone ever had a pin sized hole...

carrie630March 1, 2011

on their breast nipple. I felt a "pinch" and looked and on my nipple there was a tiny, tiny black "speck" - that won't go away. It's scaring me... Sound familiar to anyone? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

Do you have larger, heavy breasts? I am a 38DD and when I am not wearing a bra I can feel tugging on my nipples, but haven't had a tear or speck. I would call your GYN and do a self breast exam in the meantime. Good luck!

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 9:32PM
carrie630

No...I am only 110 pounds - breasts are normal size (at least proportionate)... It is a strange speck (pinched at first) - I will have to go to the doctor - I hate when something unusual shows up... Thanks

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 9:52PM
vala55

You need to see one, I think you know that. Unusual things can be a warning. I had rather go to a doctor and find out it's nothing than having waited to long.

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 8:17PM
carrie630

IT WAS A SPLINTER! OMG - I can't believe it...I only had the pain for about three days and just as I was about to call the doctor - I noticed it was starting to change... it was a splinter...

Doctor called and said to keep an eye, but I am back to normal... whew!

Bookmark   March 4, 2011 at 10:24AM
michelle_phxaz

Oh, I am SO glad to hear that! Now, you HAVE to tell us HOW the splinter got there, Carrie! And was it worth it?

;-)

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 5:44AM
vala55

Glad to hear that. One time my son said his nipple was sore, so I took him to the doctor and after examining him the doctor said it was just puberty. I felt kind of dumb, I didn't take chances with my kids health.

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 9:12PM
carrie630

Well, here's what I "think" happened... It actually wasn't a wood splinter, more like a little piece of possibly something from knocking against a shrub in my gardens.

The weather was so great (yes, I was wearing a shirt! LOL) and since I only had a thin, long sleeved shirt on - I may have been poked (forgetting that) and something came through the thin shirt..I am only guessing.

Of course, I shower everyday - but just never noticed it until I felt a pinch the next day.

When I looked, it appeared as mentioned "pin sized" and it was dark in color (thinking it may have been dried blood) so that's why I got scared.

It is good, though, I think to be extra concerned than to just blow off things thinking everything is okay... So, vala - you were right in taking him to the doctor... better safe than sorry....

Carrie

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 7:33AM
More Discussions
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
band aids
My dermatologist introduced me to Coverlet bandages....
shuffles_gw
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
Right side chest pain only at night when sleeping
Hi Everyone, I've done some research, and have found...
SconsinKid
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
Sponsored Products
Westinghouse 660-Watt On/Off Pull-Chain Socket 7041100
$5.57 | Home Depot
Old World King-size Estate 5-piece Bedroom Set
Overstock.com
David Trubridge Design | Nikau Half Pendant
$870.00 | YLighting
20" x 20" American Lady Pillow - Luru Home
$106.00 | HORNE
Naturally Free Tray
$47.99 | Dot & Bo
Cole & Co. 38" Premier Collection Provence Package Midnight Black with White Sin
Modern Bathroom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™