Using reducers and stair nose with Novalis vinyl

terrydeniseJuly 17, 2008

I have four rooms that have porcelain tile and will join with the vinyl planks so I need to install reducers at the doorways so there won't be a square edge showing the difference in height of the two floor coverings.

Does anyone have experience with these reducers matching the Novalis vinyl so that it doesn't stand out too much.

I also need to apply a stair nose at the step into my sunken living room. All of these are wood and made to match wood flooring in thickness and color. This may be a problem with this flooring that no one has discovered yet. If you have encountered this , please let me know how you handled it so maybe I will get it right and be satisfied with this floor when I'm done.

Here is a link that might be useful: reducer

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
citymomof3

I am in the process of going through this myself. I actually just bought regular unfinished oak reducers and some minwax stain that matched the Novalis. I have the golden oak novalis and ended up mixing minwax gunstock and colonial maple to get the right color. It's not perfect, but pretty darn close!!

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 8:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tdsmith_gw

Thanks again citymomof3.
The guy at Lowes said they only have gray rubber stair nose with ridges and I said "No thanks, thats not what I'm looking for." Thats the type that is used for commercial applications, not residential unless it's for a basement that isn't used for a living space.
I never thought I would dislike a sunken living room until now and it's too late for that so I will be searching for ideas in every home improvement store I can find.

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 9:53PM
More Discussions
LVP plank and tile flooring pulling apart at seams.
We installed a LVP this spring into our new addition....
moledro
concret floors
can you put linoleum on bare concret floors
marykwiley
Carpet removal cost seems high, is it?
I got a quote for new carpet in a new-to-me house....
prettybluehouse
cleaning hardwood floors & tile floors
What's best way to clean hardwood floors.... how can...
kat123
Experiences with vinyl flooring
Hello, I was wondering individuals experiences with...
einajr
Sponsored Products
Mushroom Door Knocker - Polished Brass and Bronze
Signature Hardware
Franklin Leather Chair - Brighton Zinc Beige
Joybird Furniture
Geneva Stainless Steel Wall Cabinet - 230309
$309.95 | Hayneedle
Jut Dining Outdoor Side Chair, Patio Furniture
$750.00 | FRONTGATE
Brushed Cotton Herringbone-Weave Throw - MOSS
$79.00 | Horchow