42' flat TV in a 46' space?

leibrookJuly 16, 2006

The entertainment center niche in our new house measures About 46". I am trying to figure what size flat screen, mounted on an arm, will fit. I am thinking a 42" is the max. I will check the dimensions, but wanted to ask the group. I would like a 31"H cabinet underneath the flat screen to house equipment. Do you think this would be too high to have the TV mounted over the 31"H cabinet? Thanks.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angel_z5

Keep in mind that displays are generally measured in inches DIAGONALLY (from corner to opposite corner). This usually does not include surrounding cabinet, but manufacturers are always stretching the inch ;-) to make their displays specs seem larger than they may actually be. At any rate just be sure you measure the horizontal and vertical space you have, and be sure the display you intend to put there will fit. Remember, ventilation is important for electronics.

Always an. . .Angel

Bookmark   July 16, 2006 at 12:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tak2w

Some 42's will fit, some won't. It depends if they have the speakers on the sides or on the bottom. I was trying to find one to fit in a 47" opening and found this to be the case.

Bookmark   August 15, 2006 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
White flat-screen TV
We are looking for a white flat-screen 32-40 inch LED...
sleers
Which Gaming System is the Best: Game Cube, Play Station or XBox?
Which do you think is the best and why? What games...
cupofkindness
DVR with disk burner?
I'd like to buy a hard disk recorder to record over...
ionized_gw
TV over gas fireplace
We are mounting a 65 inch over a gas fireplace , the...
karle13
Midcentury decor - suggestions for media stand
My son has a very large flat screen TV with components...
bichonlover3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™