Cyst, Abscess or Boil?

downsouthMarch 14, 2004

My daughter-in-law has something on her stomach that looks like an open hole. It is very small and is perfectly round.

It has drained some blood but otherwise doesn't bother her.

Anyone have any idea if this could be a cyst, an abscess, a boil or what?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

The only person who is qualified to answer that is a physician who can do a hands-on exam ... and if I had a hole in my abdomen that was draining blood, I'd see a doctor as fast as possible.

Bookmark   March 15, 2004 at 12:35AM
downsouth

She had one of these before and it cleared up in the same area. I'm trying to encourage her to go to the doctor.

Bookmark   March 16, 2004 at 1:23PM
Vickey__MN

Okay odd question...is it on a stretch mark? I have rather large stretch marks from my son (18 years ago, you'd think they'd go away, no way), anyway I sometimes get those, they aren't "holes" but look like a boil or large pimple. Dr said that since the skin in thin there due to the stretch mark, I get a tear in the 2nd and 3rd layer of skin (from them too being stretched. Top layer is thicker scar tissue, so it doesn't break through. Did that make sense? He said not to worry...but that is a Dr. telling me not to worry after he's examined it. Daughter should do the same.

Vickey-MN

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 5:05PM
PeaBee4

It doesn't really matter which it is, it needs to be seen by a doctor. Anytime that there is an abnormal opening that is draining, there is a chance of a serious infection developing.

Convince her that she really doesn't want that to happen. The sooner it's attended to, the better.

PB

Bookmark   March 18, 2004 at 3:22AM
downsouth

No, it's not on a stretch mark and she did go to the dermatologist. They numbed it and are doing a biopsy. Will post the results when they come back in.

Bookmark   March 29, 2004 at 5:32PM
yellowhair

My daughter had one on her leg, it would get infected occasionally and yucky yellowish stuff would come out. I finally convinced her to go to a doctor (when she was like 13) and the doctor did surgery in his office and closed it up. No problems.

I think these are inherited, I have one on my ear and my mom has some near her left ear.

Bookmark   April 7, 2004 at 11:43PM
More Discussions
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
drug addiction
I'm really worried about my son. I think he is addicted...
clairdo2
Weird Situation
Note: This question is asked on behalf of friend One...
Jikoimary
Any help for balance problems?
I hope someone can relate. I have terrible balance...
phoggie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™