Best TV screen for sunroom

lodaladyJune 30, 2012

It Is time to buy a television for the sunroom. What do I need to know about a screen and reflection? We have windows on the west, north and south. The paint and floor are dark, so its not a bright room during the summer when the trees are full. The tv will sit on the east wall, so it will face the wast. Will just any tv screen be ok?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

Well, obviously, it can be difficult to mount a flat screen television in a sunroom when it comes to glare and reflections. And then, it's also hard to know what to expect throughout the year.

I'd recommend an LCD display with LED back-lighting. That should give you the crispest and brightest picture to compete with the ambient lighting. Plasma displays, while having their own attributes, usually tend to fall short when it comes to glare and/or bright ambient lighting.

But before buying anything or installing a wall-mount, maybe temporarily hang a large glass framed picture where you are considering mounting the television. Look at it throughout the day from where you would normally be seated and you can see how much glare you may expect to get. Then, maybe try a couple other spots to find the least glare-free area.

If you need to run A/V cables and AC power to the television as well, then it'll be well worth your time to do a little experimenting first.

Bookmark   June 30, 2012 at 11:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lodalady

Thank you for responding. I'll play with picture placement. My stepson suggested having the store turn off the TV to see if there is much reflection. I'm thinking that not all TV's have glass screens, do some have nonglare screens? Not that it matters, I don't have a budget to order or purchase a specific TV, so I'm shopping for what will work best.
Thanks!

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 8:05AM
More Discussions
Which Gaming System is the Best: Game Cube, Play Station or XBox?
Which do you think is the best and why? What games...
cupofkindness
Wireless cable/satellite boxes?
We are planning on putting our TV above our gas fireplace....
broston2
Great solution for mounting TV over fireplace
Hi all, We just moved into a new house and unfortunately,...
chorchie
Am I required to use in wall speaker wire?
Hello, I've read that some jurisdictions require that...
tigerninety
TV over gas fireplace
We are mounting a 65 inch over a gas fireplace , the...
karle13
Sponsored Products
Indoor Ceiling Light with Fan: Unbranded Windward IV 52 in. Brushed Nickel Ceili
Home Depot
Sunnydaze Fire Pit Spark Screen, Steel, 30 Inch Diameter
SerenityHealth
Tuscany Louver Screen
$219.99 | zulily
DENY Designs Kal Barteski Carpe Diem Outdoor Throw Pillow - 14683-OTHRP18
$49.00 | Hayneedle
Verge RGB LED Linear Plaster-IN System
Lightology
Unique Arts Outdoor Fire Pits Solid Copper Fire Pit Black/Copper M88001SET
Home Depot
Corrubedo 8 LED Wall Lamp