Today I say goodbye to my dog

calgaryflamesJuly 12, 2007

Later on I will be saying goodbye to my lifelong friend. He has been having serious neck pain and is at the point where he cant even drink or eat without any sort of pain. I am personally a huge wreck right now and spending his last afternoon of his life together. Even though I knew this time would arrive since he is 14 going on 15, I still wonder if I'm making the right decision of letting Biscuit go. Maybe its just a sore neck and he just wants to let it heal. I know he is only a dog but it feels like I gave my dog my word that I would take care of him until the day he dies but now hurts that I cant keep my word. I know he gave me a lifetime of memories. It just hurts right now to know that he wont be there tomorrow morning to greet me.

Thank you for everything Biscuit, the memories and friendship you gave me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

That's so sad. Over the years I've had to face this many times, and it hasn't gotten any easier. In fact, I think it's harder.

I have a 14-year-old Briard mix, and I think about this often. Two consolations: One, that my dog and yours have lived with love and care and fun for all of their time with us. And other is that I truly believe our animals and we will see each other again in a different world.

Do you have a picture of Biscuit to share? We'd love to see him.

You have my sincere sympathy.

Susan

Bookmark   July 12, 2007 at 1:17PM
acey

Godspeed Biscuit to the Rainbow Bridge...

Comfort your human in that you will be at peace, and without pain.

Bookmark   July 12, 2007 at 9:15PM
jerandsan_juno_com

Today I said goodbye to "My Annie Rose." She is a Yellow Lab with a heart of pure gold. I have had many dogs in my life, but never one like Annie. She has helped me thru times that I should not have made it, some days she was the only reason I got up. Looking into her eyes of love, I found a reason to live again. Sleep with the Angels my Annie. I know I will see you again and we will be together forever........

Bookmark   June 6, 2011 at 8:32PM
More Discussions
Do you believe in the afterlife?
I never gave much thought to death before... but now...
Sad-33
Dad just passed away
My dad had a heart attack on Thursday January 22, 2015....
kissfan1
Feeling guilty because I miss my dog-Part 2
Three years ago today, I lost my beloved dog Homer....
kms4me
Memorial Scholarship
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience setting...
xminion
Loss of Adult Son
Lost adult son one day into his thirtieth year this...
sewluv2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™