CL2 vs CL3 in-wall speaker wire...

roger_northeastMay 27, 2006

I'm ready to wire up my whole house audio system and my research told me that I needed CL2 type wire for in-wall installation. However, when I went to buy the wire today, what the store called in-wall speaker wire was labeled CL3. Does any know if it is acceptable (in terms of code approval) to use CL3 instead of CL2?



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

CL3 is better insulated than CL2. You can substitute CL3 for CL2 but not the other way around.

    Bookmark   June 12, 2006 at 5:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

thanks for the clarification.


    Bookmark   June 15, 2006 at 7:10PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Seeking layout suggestions
So we are not fond of our current media setup in our...
any use of ntsc tv tuner
I still have a NTSC TV tuner for the computer. With...
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)
Help with mounting a TV in my Breakfast Nook
Hi all, The photo above is the Breakfast Nook in my...
TV over gas fireplace
We are mounting a 65 inch over a gas fireplace , the...
Small Stereo Speakers
I want to buy a pair of small stereo speakers. I am...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™