Flying with sinus infection

wine50March 4, 2010

I'll be flying a few times in the next two weeks. I have a continuing sinus infection and need to know what to do about the pressure changes in the airplane. Once I flew with an infection and thought my head was going to explode. Would a decongestent help? Has anyone used ear plugs?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mboston_gw

I had trouble during landing one time, thought my head was going to rupture. It was so bad I couldn't even speak to get my DH's attention. The last couple of times I have worn ear plug, making sure to clear my ears first. They helped alot. I did ask my allergy doctor too. He said to take my decongestant for 5 days before and during the rest of the time I was traveling. I didn't have any problems either time so something worked or maybe a combo of it all. Good luck. You might want to try a nettie pot to clear your sinues too.

Bookmark   March 4, 2010 at 9:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

You can buy ear pressure plugs, they work great. The kind I use look like a little accordion, you have to press them hard into your ear and the pressure will be diffused by the accordion part.

Another flying tip is to coat your nostrils with Neosporin or other antibacterial ointment. This helps kill germs you are breathing in on the plane. I used to catch something every time I flew, this works wonders.

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 12:36AM
More Discussions
a night guard for teeth grinding, worth the money?
Many times with many different dentists it has been...
bug_girl
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Any help for balance problems?
I hope someone can relate. I have terrible balance...
phoggie
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™