natural ways to increase bile flow

mike2305March 3, 2007

My favorite herb is rosemary, it will grow in most gardens, has a lovely aroma, and has some amazing medicinal uses.

Rosemary is a beautiful,fragrant evergreen shrub, which is native to the Mediterranean regions, it has a variety of herbal uses. An infusion of the leaves and the flowering tops is a sedative that can be used to relieve flatulence and headaches, promote perspiration, increase bile flow and stimulate menstruation.

Rosemary, especially its young leaves, contain carnosic acid, a powerful antioxidant. Recent research identified rosemary as one of the first plants that can improve memory by inhibiting acetylcholinesterase ( a brain chemical which switches off the connection between nerve cells).

Multiple trials have demonstrated rosemary's ability to kill numerous harmful and potentially deadly organisms including Candida, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, E.Coli and Aspergillus bacteria.

Rosemary leaves are also used externally, mainly for hair shampoos

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
littleonefb

As usual, you are again promoting the use of herbal remedies without the mention of any potential side effects that may exist.
You need to include the dangers that abound in using herbal products when you include your posts promoting this stuff.
Are you trying to sell products and using GW forums to do so?

Please read the information warning below before trying this idea

Precautions

Rosemary should not be used in medicinal preparations during pregnancy or breast-feeding, although it is safe to use in cooking in small quantities to season foods. Persons with high blood pressure, epilepsy or diverticulosis, chronic ulcers, or colitis, should not take rosemary internally for medicinal purposes. Rosemary acts as an emmenagogue, stimulating the flow of menstrual blood. The essential oil of rosemary was once used in folk practice in attempts to induce abortion. As with all essential oils, only small amounts of it should be used, either topically or internally. An overdose of essential oil of rosemary may lead to deep coma, vomiting, spasms, uterine bleeding, gastroenteritis, kidney irritation, and even death, according to the PDR for Herbal Medicines.

Bookmark   March 4, 2007 at 11:55PM
More Discussions
drug addiction
I'm really worried about my son. I think he is addicted...
clairdo2
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
a night guard for teeth grinding, worth the money?
Many times with many different dentists it has been...
bug_girl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™