Wilsonart one step stair treads?

amazinglady2348July 7, 2012

Trying to solve my dilemma of matching stairs to laminate wood floor and came across this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Discontinued-Wilsonart-Exclusive-One-Step-Stair-Treads-Various-Colors-Avaiable-/251010859694?pt=Tile_Flooring&var=&hash=item3a7169c2ae#ht_1658wt_942

Since this is a garage bonus room remodel, I don't want to spend a lot of money on stair treads.

Anyone use this or heard anything about it's quality?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

I recall installing these for a customer a few years back. It's nice stuff. I don't know if you are doing the work or someone else, but to get results that look like the picture takes some very careful measuring and cutting. It's held in place with construction adhesive, lots of construction adhesive.

You'll need two pieces for each stair - one for the tread and one for the riser. The bullnose gets cut off the piece for the riser.

Because the product as been discontinued, you probably won't get any support from WilsonArt and you might want to check with them about any warranty available. Buy more than you think you'll need, especially if this is a DIY project!

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 8:07AM
More Discussions
I need help on how to get cat urine odor out of concrete?
We had a cat that was 24 years old and the last year...
lindadianne
What cork flooring manufacturer is best?
I am leaning towards cork flooring in my kitchen reno...
laurarenos7
Tile over fiberglass?
Long story short, we added some porches to our new...
Nick Anderson
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
Color/species of new wood floor next to original VG Fir?
Our 1918 house was added on to in the 80's and rather...
fjernsyn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™