Lost my friend Magge (LAb) yesterday

jujugram2004July 13, 2004

Maggie was 14 years old, I had her since she was 5 or 6 weeks old. I was there when she was put down. The crying was so bad. My vet was so sweet. Maggie had alot wrong with her.Now she is with my husband, mom and molly her other buddy. But I still feel very guilty. My other 2 dogs were looking at me when I came in last night. Casper didn't even want togo to bed with me. He stayed away from me. I didn't understand why. I love Maggie so much. She was a good dog. Never did anything wrong. I pretty sure she is in heaven waiting for me with the rest of them. No more dogs for me after casper and BJ. No more. I went thru this a dozen times. I must be nuts. Its hard.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julee_ann

I'm so sorry for your loss of Maggie. We got our first dog 2 years ago last March. After my daughter was killed 3 months later, he was a godsend for us all. Our pets are always there to give love and listen and let you cry and never judge. I know it has to be hard to lose them . I cant even think about the time when we will lose Shadow. I believe there is a heaven for our faithful companions where they are romping and playing and waiting for us.
Julie

Bookmark   July 13, 2004 at 11:22AM
lulie___wayne

I'm so sorry about Maggie. I know also how attached we can become to our pets. I'll never forget my favorite dog when I was growing up. When Teddy got killed, I cried and cried and cried like it was a person who had died. After I married, we had a few that we got very attached to also and then was so sad when they left us. After my daughter was killed, my husband and I decided to get two more dogs and we love them to death, and I know we will have to go through their loss too. I'm like you, though. I really don't think I want any more animals after these two are gone.
Lu

Bookmark   July 13, 2004 at 6:38PM
alisande

Such a hard time for you, I know. My collie-shepherd, Caroline, died on July 4. She was 14, too. It's been a difficult year because so many of my pets got old at the same time. We lost three cats and two dogs, although one of the dogs was young, and killed by a bear.

Please don't feel guilty. It's clear that you loved Maggie, and it would have been even clearer to her. I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you. If only they lived longer. Much, much longer.

Susan

Bookmark   July 13, 2004 at 8:10PM
Wendy_the_Pooh

Sorry about your Maggie.

I was just told by a doctor that I might be allergic to our kitty girl. The doc said that I might have to get rid of her. I said that I would rather cut off one of my fingers.
Pets are so important!

Again, so sorry about your loss, but you did the best thing possible for her.

Bookmark   July 14, 2004 at 12:08PM
Wendy_the_Pooh

I also wanted to add that for people unable to have their own children, like me, a pet can help ease that grieving, which can leave an empty hole. Pets are not a substitute for children, but they can be a wonderful asset to our well-being.

Bookmark   July 14, 2004 at 1:04PM
alisande

Absolutely, Wendy. I was infertile for years, and I remember how my dogs helped me through that period. And now, in my "empty nest," my current dogs and cats provide devoted company and are more than happy to have my love and affection.

Susan

Bookmark   July 14, 2004 at 2:32PM
melanie343

I couldn't imagine ever losing either one of my cats (Tikki 1 year, & Monty 10months)..They are still young and I look forward to many many years of having them. Pets are absolutely a member of the family and it does hurt to lose them...the bond owners have with their aniamls is amazing. I look forward to coming home from work everyday to have them greet me in the window. I love it!!

juju just remember you gave Maggie 14 wonderful years of life and think of all the memories you have of her and know you will see her again one day..

Bookmark   July 16, 2004 at 9:03PM
Lori_

I pray for your healing.....it can be very hard when we lose our fur babies......I know when they cross over they wait for us in a most beautiful place, safe and happy and young and healthy again.
Think of the joy when it is your time to cross over, how beautiful to have your fur babies there to greet mom once again. This will happen.
Down the road, when it is time, I pray you will allow yourself to give into the love you hold in your heart for another fur baby.....remember there are many geriatric fur kids out there that need someone with your love....
God Bless you

Bookmark   July 19, 2004 at 8:11AM
More Discussions
How to live after the death of a spouse
Hope this might be helpful to some. 1 Before you move...
JoAnn_Fla
Loss of Adult Son
Lost adult son one day into his thirtieth year this...
sewluv2
Is it normal/healthy to cry over my dad dying still?
My dad died when I was 13 and now I'm 17 but I have...
someanonymousone
Not Much Grieving - Should I Be Concerned?
Hi - Thanks for taking the time to read this. My father...
suzieque
Over 10 years and I still miss my dad
My dad died Dec. 27, 1998. He was 59. He was diagnosed...
threeoffour
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™