Denture tips?

donnerMarch 27, 2008

Anyone have any tips on getting used to lower dentures? Do they kind of float or should they feel secure?

Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goldy

They will float.Try fixodent.Might have to apply twice aday.If you have friends and they are thinking about haveing all their teeth pulled.Tell them "no" if you can save one tooth to hook the rest of you dentures on no matter how much it cost try and save it.From one who knows.

Bookmark   March 27, 2008 at 6:25PM
goldy

after one year I found out how to keep my teeth in.you put your top in first than you put your lowers in.Bite down and hold just as is.Don't glue bottoms in by themselves.Top first bite down and hold lowers as is.they will stay in all day.

Bookmark   October 30, 2008 at 5:37PM
catherinet

I've been hearing about a procedure that puts a screw-type device into your jaw bone, one on each side, and it really anchors the teeth down.

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 4:41PM
berk

I have a full top plate that drove me crazy! My dentist suggested trying a thing that was new several years ago.
It is Titain Post. I have six posts in my gums and 6 matching holes in my plate and I can bite into anything now and he was able to use the false teeth I all ready had. Got it all done in one setting and not much pain afterwards either. If I have have to have a bottom plate this is what I will do again.

Bookmark   November 8, 2008 at 2:51PM
More Discussions
splotchy skin in the calf areas
The red spots are mostly pin size and are up to 1/8"....
naturelle
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
a night guard for teeth grinding, worth the money?
Many times with many different dentists it has been...
bug_girl
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Weird Situation
Note: This question is asked on behalf of friend One...
Jikoimary
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™