small red bumps

oddieMarch 2, 2006

I have read your post for years ,you all are very helpful people and I hope you can help my son, hes 30 years old woke up one day with small red bumps that looks like a small blister, that goes to a cluster of small blisters, then turn to a very dry red area about a half inch circle, they itch from the start and are all over his chest and back and now on neck and one on face, this has been going on way over a week, frist areas look light red but still dry and doest itch much, others in the home do not have theses, also more apear everyday, any ideas would be helpful. son does not have health insurance at this time, trying to clear it up without going to doctor, thanks in advance

oddie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gina_W

Might be impetigo, shingles, or allergy-related hives. He needs to go to a doctor, insurance or not. Impetigo or shingles cannot be helped with home remedies or OTCs. Does he have any other symptoms? Did he have chickenpox as a child?

Bookmark   March 2, 2006 at 1:01PM
beaglebuddy

Shingles is very painfull, could this be an allergy related to new laundry detergent ?

Bookmark   March 2, 2006 at 1:17PM
Gina_W

I had shingles - yes they're the most painful thing I ever endured. But when they first start, they just look like little bug bites and then the itching starts and so on.

Bookmark   March 2, 2006 at 5:47PM
lazy_gardens

Pityriasis rosea is another possibility

find a clinic!

Bookmark   March 2, 2006 at 10:16PM
oddie

Thank you so much to all that posted, after dong a search for pityriasis rosesa and reading and looking at the picture I beleive lazygardens is right, it looks and sounds just like what my son has, I have seen and took care of people with shingles and had some idea of how they ran there course didnt think it was shingles, hes had hives over the years, that was my frist thought but hives come and go and never looked like that before on him. no new detergents, he does use way to much bleach, rewashed everything, hes never had chicken pox or any other childhood disease, that always worried me.didnt look like imepetgo, it looks just like the pictures we will see what happens he will go to doctor if nothing helps thanks agine
oddie

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 9:56AM
lindac

Could it be ring worm? It's a fungal disease with a very distinctive appearance.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 6:28PM
michelle_s_phxaz

It also could be eczema. It sounds like the symptoms I experience. Go to a dermatologist, they will get him a proper diagnosis and treatment. You cannot treat this on your own.

Michelle

Bookmark   March 9, 2006 at 3:00PM
More Discussions
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
HEARING AIDS SUGGESTIONS/EXPERIENCES
Need at least one hearing aid. Dr recommends type...
Robert Givens
incisional hernia
Have you had hernia surgery with mesh placed? I am...
sasha7
"Medicare Demystified"
A few minutes ago I saw a post from about six weeks...
Lindsey_CA
Sponsored Products
Red Rock Stone Top Metal Bar Stools - Set of 4 - BDI559
$519.99 | Hayneedle
Cabin wool blanket - gray/blue/red
Origin Crafts
46" x 32" Red Cedar Contoured Picnic Table with (2) 46" Benches
Fifthroom.com
Red
Grandin Road
Redmond Oushak Rug 10' x 14' - RED
$4,569.00 | Horchow
Red Brut Adjustable Height Swivel Armless Bar Stool
Zuri Furniture
Possini Euro Arata Red Art Glass LED Mini Pendant Light
Euro Style Lighting
Illusion Circles Blocks Red Rug (7'10 x 9'10)
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™