Onix Rocket

dadoesMay 15, 2006

Any comments on the Onix Rocket line of speakers from av123.com?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yam2006

I've been using Rockets for two years. They sound and look beautiful. Customer service has been excellent, including a replacement sub sent when one of mine failed a few months ago. The massive center channel is especially helpful for home theater setups. My one complaint is that the floorstanding speakers are unstable due to the narrow base. My wife's dogs have knocked the front speakers over a few times, which has caused some cosmetic damage that is a real bummer.

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 2:25PM
dadoes

They are nice-looking speakers. VERY nice.

Interesting story: Friend of mine built a dedicated home theater room onto his house several years ago. He selected Rocket speakers. The 750 towers, "Bigfoot" center, dipole surrounds. Didn't get a Rocket sub at first, used the sub he had. Anyway, the speakers arrived early before the room was ready, so the towers & Bigfoot stayed at my house for a few weeks. I auditioned them against my Advent Legacy towers & Advent Cinema center. Couldn't discern a difference. Maybe a little with the center, Bigfoot definitely is nice! Did a blind A-B test for my friend, he couldn't tell which tower pair was playing. I had an itch at the time to update my speakers, but there wasn't a need compared to the Rockets. I even had a custom-built entertainment center designed with room for Bigfoot. I was disappointed!

My sub went bad a few months ago, replaced it recently with a Rocket ULW-10. I like the SOS auto-tuning feature.

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 3:25PM
sotwell

I have not heard the Rockets but have the Axiom M60s and love them. They will ship you a pair and you can return in 30 days if you do not like them.

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 4:31PM
jeffinmonterey

I have had Rockets for quite a while, the 750 signature editions, a "Bigfoot" center channel, and the surrounds. I like them very much. The quality of the cabinet (I have the Rosewood) is beautiful. Many speakers made today don't have very attractive cabinetry, unless you want to spend LOTS of money. Rocket owners are fanatic and very loyal. They also offer a $$$ back trial (less shipping) and are very accomodating. You might even be able to hear some locally by using their website. There are several users who like to 'demo' their speakers. Buying speakers is EXTREMELY subjective; what I like you might not. You need to listen to speakers.

Bookmark   May 16, 2006 at 12:00AM
More Discussions
Internet choices few
For my under-construction home, I have few internet...
mtvhike
Smart Home - Need Help Keeping It Simple
We are roughing in our new build. A little late to...
mamabearjd
Any advice about a smartwatch
Hello Friends, Has any of you guys been looking at...
venkatd
TV over gas fireplace
We are mounting a 65 inch over a gas fireplace , the...
karle13
White flat-screen TV
We are looking for a white flat-screen 32-40 inch LED...
smleers
Sponsored Products
Artcraft Lighting AC4833BN Rocket Collection Brushed Nickel Spotlight
Littman Bros Lighting
Room Magic Star Rocket Crib Set - RM05-SR
$138.60 | Hayneedle
Rocket Outdoor Fountain
SerenityHealth
Orange22 Carbon 72 x 32.5 Rectangular Gold Re-Entry Office Desk
LuxeDecor
Artcraft Lighting AC4832BN Rocket Collection Brushed Nickel Spotlight
Littman Bros Lighting