Hulu, Amazon, Netflex or?????

dodge59April 1, 2013

Due to all the commercials, lack of programming that DH and I care for, Dish pricing and the "freaking bundles" they make you take to just get HDTV, DIY, AEG, Velocity and some of the Nature Programs, we are seriously considering On-line TV.

Have any of you folks tried On-line TV?
If so, which one, and how do you like it?
We are not into movies and "entertainment shows" as you may have guessed from the previous paragraph.

We have a very fast internet connection, (Clear Modem).

I have many friend that are ready to"make the switch" too.

I am also considering getting Dish network's new system that eliminates commercials, but this still does not solve programming and price problems.

Thanks for any inputs!!!

Gary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

It's certainly an option but understand that no one provider is likely give you every show you want to watch. You may need Netflix for one program and Hulu for another. Depending on the show(s), there's no guarantee they're immediately after regular broadcast. I have a co-worker with Netflix and there's a show he likes but only seasons 1 and 2 are available, he'll have to wait for season 3.

You might also want to check with your ISP to see if there are any caps on data usage.

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 3:39PM
dodge59

Thanks for the input Mike.
I should have typed DW, oh well.

Yes I've read a lot about the top 3, Hulu, net flex and Amazon.

None have the golf channel that I watch a lot, nor the Velocity channel, alto I can get shows directly from Velocity, albeit not the latest ones.

Clear Modem is wireless 4 G and had has no limits on download speed or the amount of downloads, alto they do limit the upload (send speed) but still pretty fast.

Have to keep searching and find as many reviews as I can.

Thanks again!

Gary

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 10:37PM
peytonroad

I just recently updated my Cox cable to include HBO. Was not getting all the channels -called in and the helpful person on the line suggested I download, (and did) for free some ipad apps as well as some apps that allow me to watch even more free movies via my wireless connection. They were accessible thru my ipad app store. HBO GO, TV Connect (via Cox) and of course I could access many more hbo channels thru the on demand channel (channel 1) thru cox cable. ALL this for $5.00 a month.

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
TV over gas fireplace
We are mounting a 65 inch over a gas fireplace , the...
karle13
Help connecting my DVD recorder to my Vizio Smart TV
I recently purchased a Vizio SmartTV. I am trying to...
don_na_na
Small Stereo Speakers
I want to buy a pair of small stereo speakers. I am...
john_wc
Seeking layout suggestions
So we are not fond of our current media setup in our...
tkstock
any use of ntsc tv tuner
I still have a NTSC TV tuner for the computer. With...
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™