My Nephew

liira39July 2, 2006

My nephew was killed this morning by a drunk driver. He was only 20 yrs old. Why did the driver survive and my nephew who was walking to his campsite get killed?? My heart is breaking right now.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

I have learned that asking "why" is just as useless as thinking about "what if..."

After my daughter Jill died, I said something to a friend about the unfairness of the world, and he quote a poet: "The world is neither fair nor unfair. It just is." I think that's very true.

My sympathy goes out to you and your family.

Susan

Bookmark   July 2, 2006 at 12:35PM
socks

I'm so sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy in your family. My heart just aches for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bookmark   July 2, 2006 at 3:10PM
sheebah

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I agree with Susan about that quote, I have asked myself those questions over and over and it doesn't get me anywhere, my 23 year old daughter died 5 weeks ago, we don't know why she died ( toxocology pending) we may never find out.
My very sincere sympathy to you and your family.
Martha

Bookmark   July 3, 2006 at 3:24AM
Kristeen

IMO, when someone dies long before their time, it's because their soul was just too good for this world and they had better work to do wherever it is that we go after this.

I know that doesn't always make the people left behind feel any better, but I guess it's my way of trying to make it at least acceptable in a world where some people only get a few days, months or years, and some people who kill others drunk driving (or any other way) get to get up and walk away and sometimes go about life for several more years. Right now, for whatever reasons we all have, we're just not good enough to go yet.

This is just my own personal way of getting through things like this though. I'm not trying to give a sermon or make it sound like the drunk driver isn't a bad person who doesn't deserve any punishment, or that you should automatically forgive him because it was just 'fate'. It's just my way of comforting myself. This is why I shy away from internet forums usually-it's just so hard to convey what one means sometimes.

I am sorry for you and your family's loss, and for everyone else's here. I can't imagine the pain some of the people on this forum are going through. Some of the things I read here just make me so sad for all of you. However little (or no) comfort it is, you do all make me really think about and appreciate my own children/husband/family.

Bookmark   July 3, 2006 at 8:04AM
More Discussions
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
i have never felt so alone lost and frightened
i too lost my husband. he was 37 when he passed. due...
BewilderedShock
hard to let go
I lost my husband of 37 years in just 3 weeks of finding...
greendalelady
Loss of first born Adult Son
I have just found this site I lost my first born adult...
jamesdasmum
Do you believe in the afterlife?
I never gave much thought to death before... but now...
Sad-33
Sponsored Products
Area Rug: Caprice Collection Ivory 5' x 7'
Home Depot
Mirrored X-Bench - WHITE
$699.00 | Horchow
'Marry My Friend' Personalized Canvas
$34.99 | zulily
Belgard Cabinet
Ballard Designs
Augustus Aqua 24 x 24 Decorative Pillow
$76.95 | Bellacor