Gluten Free Recipes

ivamaeMarch 8, 2006

Does anyone have any good recipes for cookies, muffins, etc? Also what can be used for sandwich fillings besides eggs and salmon. I know I can't use any cold prepared meats but am wondering if cured hams would be a problem as I don't know what might be added in the curing and smoking process.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gazania_gw

Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 beaten egg
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
Mik all together well. Dough will be stiff and a little crumbly. Form into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing from sheet.

Bookmark   March 9, 2006 at 7:19AM
ivamae

Thanks gazania. I never thought of looking for recipes with no flour. I made these first thing this morning and they are real good. I appreciate your help and also anyone else who would like to add to this.

Bookmark   March 9, 2006 at 10:17AM
darlene87

Go to Celiac.com and they have a huge site for gluten free recipes. Also type in gluten free.....in your search window, whatever the recipe is, after the words, gf. I myself was on a gluten free diet for about 10 yr. but had to switch that to one with no grains, I use nut flour now, and all the problems went away. There is also a site for kids, with recipes, called Pecanbread.com that is helpful.
Darlene

Bookmark   March 27, 2006 at 2:03AM
wantoretire_did

I don't know if this brand is nationwide, but Boar's Head cold cuts and cheeses are all gluten-free, have excellent selections and are delicious. They are available at many grocery stores in the northeast that I know of. If not in your area, check other well-known brands that may be gf.

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 8:13AM
More Discussions
Weird Situation
Note: This question is asked on behalf of friend One...
Jikoimary
drug addiction
I'm really worried about my son. I think he is addicted...
clairdo2
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
band aids
My dermatologist introduced me to Coverlet bandages....
shuffles_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™