Botox long term harm?

tropical_thoughtMarch 8, 2012

The downside of Botox is you have to do it again and again. My question is there any long term bad effect for repeating the treatment over and over? Some of the actresses do it so much so often. I am sure in the future we will know if they are harming themselves, but I want to know now. I did a few searches, but can anyone find anything about long term effects of botox.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

Think a bit about this.

A person injects something under the skin over and over again. It doesn't matter if it's botox or water or something else. It's a quanity of material that doesn't belong there.

Do you really think that the body is going to accept this over and over again?

And what do you think the most logical thing to happen would be???? Saggy skin, maybe??????

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 7:28AM
tropical_thought

It is hard to say, because saggy skin could be caused by aging. If they started at 40 then by 60, they would have some saggy skin anyway regardless.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 9:54AM
emma

There has been a problem in children. I read they use it for something else and there was a problem. I wish I had remembered the details. You might google botox and children.

Bookmark   March 11, 2012 at 8:48PM
tropical_thought

Why would children need botox? They don't have lines on their faces?

Bookmark   March 12, 2012 at 1:44AM
emma

They were treating the children for another problem. There is a short clip where a doctor explains children treated botox for health reasons. He also gives side effects.

Here is a link that might be useful: botox and children

Bookmark   March 13, 2012 at 6:50PM
tropical_thought

I went ahead and tired it, but I would like to report that it did not help the wrinkle between my eye brows at all. It looks just the same. I can't wrinkle my face anymore, so I don't know if that will help me in the future for that wrinkle to not get worse. But, as far as I know, Botox is only useful for preventing the wrinkle. I should have started when I was 10 years younger. But, then again, if I was doing for the past 10 years who knows, we get into long term use and then I worry. It also says once you are 65 you have to stop using it. I don't think it is worth the money, when you already have a bad wrinkle, unless you can really afford to spend $800 dollars per year on something that is not really changing you for the better, but only perhaps preventing it from getting worse. The actress who have no wrinkles have a lot of work done. But, who wants to look like Joan Rivers after age 65?

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 2:40PM
royalpalmmedspa

Botox injections are used to reduce wrinkles. The toxin affects nerve endings, preventing the brain from sending messages that make muscles contract.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 8:16AM
emma

Royal, that is down right scary! Thanks for the info.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 1:59PM
colorcrazy

Botox was originally invented for treating cerebral palsy (CP). CP makes the muscles knot up, and botox helped relax the muscles. It is still used to treat CP. It was only later that botox was used as a "beauty treatment."

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 7:08PM
More Discussions
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
drug addiction
I'm really worried about my son. I think he is addicted...
clairdo2
Does anyone else have a problem with Dental X-Rays?
I am wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has...
Judith
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™