From Cable to AT&T U-Verse?

mwhets01March 11, 2009

Anyone have experience with the new fiber optic U-Verse through AT&T? I am considering the change, but don't know anyone that currently has this service.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

I can't compare the two services for you but I'd suspect that they are much the same. I don't know about AT&T but I heard that Verizon won't let you go back to copper once you make the switch to fiber. The one big advantage of POTS (that's Plain Old Telephone Service) is that the phone usually works during a power outage. With fiber the phone only works as long as the batteries hold up.

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 9:28AM
htnspz

I'm not sure what information you're looking for, but I have ATT uverse and I love it. The technician used the same wiring (no drilling etc) that was existing for cable. The DVR lets you tape four shows at one time and play them back in a different room. I have had zero technical difficulties. I also like that you can program your dvr from the internet.

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 6:08PM
awaters7832

I love it. They can either use your existing wiring or they can install their own thats thinner and looks more like a phone connection cord than a cable cord. The service is great, we haven't had any issues. I love the DVR service. I would recommend them. :)

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 7:03PM
More Discussions
Public Broadcast TV Channels
I'm behind with the technologies so here I need some...
redsun9
Great solution for mounting TV over fireplace
Hi all, We just moved into a new house and unfortunately,...
chorchie
Any advice about a smartwatch
Hello Friends, Has any of you guys been looking at...
venkatd
Speaker Placement for multiple watching configurations
We have a minor dilemma about where to put our speakers. Our...
Fynite
plasma tv opinion
i'm thinking of a big screen plasma for my next tv....
jeff-1010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™