today is my anniversary

perk2March 16, 2005

Well today is my 2nd Anniversary of being SMOKE FREE. I am very proud of myself. Just wanted all of you to know.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gazania_gw

I am proud of you also! Congratulations!

Bookmark   March 16, 2005 at 8:15AM
joann23456

Congratulations! I'll bet your kids are proud of you, too - and relieved.

Bookmark   March 16, 2005 at 8:16AM
Boopadaboo

way to go. that is a HUGE accomplishment!

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 3:44PM
clairdo2

IM VERY PROUD OF YOU ALSO AND ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS HAS BEEN SMOKE-FREE FOR 2 YRS AND ANOTHER QUIT 2 DAYS AGO ! HURREY FOR ALL !

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 2:59PM
Pam_SewsAlot

Hey perk2...Congratulations! I remember your announcement of your 1 year anniversary. I was so envious of you. Well, I am proud to say that I had my 1 year anniversary Jan 7. Doesn't it feel wonderful!!!!

I haven't been coming here much lately. I have opened up my own sewing shop and good-grief, I've been swamped. Might have to break down and hire someone to help me!

Anyway...Congratulations to you and all the former smokers out there. To everyone that is trying so hard to kick the habit, I wish you the very best in your endevor.

Pam.

Bookmark   April 20, 2005 at 8:30PM
perk2

Thank you everyone for the kinds words. Congratulations to you also Pam and good luck on your new sewing adventure. I wish you the best of everything.
Pam

Bookmark   April 22, 2005 at 11:19AM
wolflover

Congrats, Pam, on your two year anniversary. My one year anniversary was April 13, thanks to hypnosis. I still think about smoking after all this time, but I don't think I will ever smoke again. :-)

Pam Sews Alot - Congratulations to you too. I remember when you quit smoking. I actually quit on Cold Turkey Day, November 20, but had a relapse and smoked 10 days last April. So my new "Quit" anniversary became April 13. Good luck on your new sewing shop!!

Bookmark   April 25, 2005 at 1:23AM
pawprint1

I can't wait until I hit 1 year! I'm at 7 months 3 weeks!
It does get easier as the time goes on. I just have to remember never to slip and have 1. I don't want to quit again.

Bookmark   May 8, 2005 at 8:37AM
perk2

Congrats to you pawprint1. Your 1 year anniversary will be here before you know it. I'm proud of you and I know you can do it.

Bookmark   May 8, 2005 at 1:32PM
Pam_SewsAlot

Hey...how'd you sneek back in here without me knowing it, pawprint1? Welcome back! and congratulations on your quitting for good! Ya See...I just knew you could do it.

Pam.

Bookmark   May 9, 2005 at 10:27PM
abreeze

Congratulations, Perk, and each of you determining to quit smoking! I admire you greatly and pray God gives you strength to endure.

Bookmark   May 10, 2005 at 9:46AM
pawprint1

Pam, I gave in to my weakness and paid the 15.00! I held out long enough, reading but no voice!!

Yup, 5 days shy of 8 months. I'm even impressed. NOW, I sure didn't want to gain this extra 20 lbs. Yes, 20.... I know I shouldn't have substituted food but I'm guilty. I look like I have a beer gut now.
Though my doctor said I'm still okay and far better off being 20 lbs over weight than smoking.

Glad to be back!
Hi everyone!

Bookmark   May 10, 2005 at 6:06PM
Pam_SewsAlot

I gained a total of 28 pounds after I quit smoking. But once I got the hang of being a NON smoker, things settled down and all of the 28 pounds plus 5 more are gone. I feel confident that they are gone for good now. Cigs and the weight. Hang in there. It's just another hurdle to get over.

Pam.

Bookmark   May 10, 2005 at 9:26PM
More Discussions
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
a night guard for teeth grinding, worth the money?
Many times with many different dentists it has been...
bug_girl
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™