constant hives?

kah2857March 15, 2012

It's so weird, but about a month and a half ago I started to get hives. I never really got hives, but when I started getting them on frequently, i thought maybe it was my body wash i was using. I started using unscented soap, but it didn't help, so I thought it was the laundry detergent. i switched that also, but that hasn't helped either.

Nothing huge has changed in my diet, and benedryl cream helps, but it's embarrassing to have the hives and even worse to constantly lather that cream all over.

When I get them, I usually get them (embarrassingly enough) on my bottom or on my outer thighs. It doesn't seem like i ALWAYS have triggers (like a hot shower) and the hives aren't big. They just feel kind of like raised dots. The whole area gets red from scratching, and it usually happens every 3-4 days.

I don't know what is going on, has anyone had anything similar happen and if so, what helped?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pris

First of all. STOP scratching!! This only spreads the problem and anything you get on your hands will be spread to the rest of your body. On the other hand, I don't think you have hives. Sounds more like excema to me. Hives appear more like big bumps. Think celulite on steroids. In any case. Don't scratch. Clean the area with an antiseptic wipe frequently to keep the oils from the bumps from spreading and see your doctor about meds.

Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 11:03AM
More Discussions
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
"Medicare Demystified"
A few minutes ago I saw a post from about six weeks...
Lindsey_CA
The importance of biometrics in healthcare
Source: www.blogiritech.com The healthcare system,...
iritechinc
Sponsored Products
Southern Enterprises Langston White Desk - HO9146
$179.99 | Hayneedle
Seiko Aluminum Wall Clock - 11.75 in. diam. - QXA630ALH
$70.00 | Hayneedle
Babyletto Origami Mini Portable Crib - M6698LG
$249.00 | Hayneedle
Surya Tracks Decorative Pillow - Teal Blue - HH024-2222D
$27.60 | Hayneedle
Surya Silver Dollars Decorative Pillow - Cola - BB050-1818D
$28.29 | Hayneedle
Livex Mission 1033-01 3-Light Bathroom Wall Light - 25W in. - Antique Brass Mult
$219.90 | Hayneedle
Pacific Play Tents Super Enormous I Tunnel - 30516
$72.99 | Hayneedle
Surya Zeus ZEU-7804 Area Rug - ZEU7804-23
$128.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™