Rozerem (prescription sleeping pills)

zoezoeMarch 29, 2007

I just got a prescription from my doctor today, and obviously have not tried them yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed about this brand as nothing has worked so far. I am almost afraid to take one, for fear that this too will not work.

Anybody else have any experience with this particular sleeping pill????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

The medication that works one way for someone, may not work the same for you. Let's hope it works for you. Did your doctor tell you whether or not it will take a few night for you to see an improvement?

Bookmark   April 9, 2007 at 5:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zoewolf

I have tried virtually every OTC sleeping aid available. Tylenol PM the best in my opinion.

The prescription medication that I have recently tried is:
Ambien, Lunesta, Rozerem, Restoril and Clonopin. My Dr. gave me free samples of Ambien CR, Lunesta and Rozerem. They were all pretty much the same; however my insurane company would not cover the Lunesta or Rozerem as they are fairly new drugs. My Dr. would have to fill out quite a lengthly questionaire regarding why he was prescribing any of these three drugs for me. Huh??? Duh, she can't sleep. So I told him to forget it any just give me another month of Restoril. Some nights it works real well, other nights, such as last night, well I saw the sun come up. Even after taking two or three. Every hour and a half, I will take another one if I am still awake. I am getting to the drastic point phase. Electro shock therapy; lobotomy; a 2x4 to the head. Life's a b!tch when you're awake and nobody else is.

Approximately 10 years ago I tried Trazadone and Elavil (two anti-depressants) taken at bedtime for their sedating effect. As far as I can recall, they worked pretty well, however their one side effect that I can't handle at this point is: weight gain. I have already gained at least 20 lbs. in the last few months. Thank you Ambien for the frequent trips to the refrigerator in the middle of the night and at least 10 of the 20 lbs.

As I mentioned earlier, I did not sleep until 6:30 this a.m., so I probably rambling and not very lucid. I do apologize for this.

Bookmark   April 23, 2007 at 2:36AM
More Discussions
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™