B&O TV & Surround Sound

fandlilMarch 14, 2008

I've been thinking about the Bang & Olufsen LCD TV and surround sound. It's much most expensive than others I've looked at. Can someone who has it tell me if it's worth the cost?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oskiebabu

It isn't worth the cost. If you aren't in a bright sunlit room get a 1080p 50-60" plasma from Pioneer (or Pioneer Elite) or a 50" or 58" Panasonic 1080p plasma. They both outperform every LCD, although the new Samsung 81 series LED lit LCD's are very good in their 46" and 52" incarnations. The Sony XBR4 and XBR5 are essentially the same (save money and get the XBR4) and are also superior to most every other LCD's. Sharp also makes good LCD's and supplies the LCD panels to many other companies. Of course, the lighting of the panels and the internal de-interlacing and scaling quality varies from company to company and most often from cheaper models in the same line, not to forget about cheaper LCD's.

If you want great surround either get a solid receiver (such as Denon 4308ci, Onkyo SR-875, or Pioneer Elite 94TX).
Even better would be the new separate amps from Emotiva.com, which makes both 5 channel and 7 channel amps that are both beuatiful and powerful. Then get an Integra DTC-9.8(the Lexus-like line of Onkyo) surround pre-amp, or if you want to really splurge get the Anthem Statement D2 or Anthem AVM-50.

Pioneer Elite is releasing the SC-09TX next month and will likely be the best receiver currently made, albeit at an MSRP of $7,000.

Good speakers are a must, whether you need for design sake in-wall or in-ceiling speakers, or even better great bookshelf speakers on a stand or even floorstanding speakers. A great self-powered subwoofer is a must.

Greg

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 1:49PM
More Discussions
Where to put speakers -- for music and movies?
Hello, I'm totally coming into this late in the process....
GreenHighlighter
White flat-screen TV
We are looking for a white flat-screen 32-40 inch LED...
sleers
Public Broadcast TV Channels
I'm behind with the technologies so here I need some...
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)
Internet choices few
For my under-construction home, I have few internet...
mtvhike
Wireless cable/satellite boxes?
We are planning on putting our TV above our gas fireplace....
broston2
Sponsored Products
Key West 3 Drawer Media Chest - Distressed Rich Mahogany - KW600TV
$550.00 | Hayneedle
Traverse TV50 Gray Rectangular: 2 Ft. x 3 Ft. Rug
$80.64 | Bellacor
Small Sports Ball Bean Bag Chair - 646011
$43.99 | Hayneedle
Parker House - Aria 2 Piece 60" Media Center - PAH-ARI-405-412
Great Furniture Deal
Eileen Blanc Shelf by BDI
$939.00 | Lumens
Entertainment Console for Plasma/DLP/LCD Televisions
$899.00 | FRONTGATE
VIG Furniture - Contemporary White Eco-Leather Sectional Sofa with...
Great Furniture Deal
EnlightenLEDs Under Cabinet Lighting 24 in. FlexLED Warm White Flexible
$24.99 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™