Best frieze for the buck

gmp3July 31, 2011

I am replacing about 180 sq yards of carpet in my new house. I will be doing the upstairs and basement and have to stay under 20/yd installed due to a few other unforseen issues with the house. We don't wear shoes or eat upstairs. I prefer Frieze in multicolors. Any suggestions?

A carpet sales person suggested Shw Northport Village, but it is polyester.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Floortech

Staying under 20/yd is that installed with cushion? Walkabout is a nylon Frieze that will be a little over 20 yard that is multi color. In a nylon ( which i agree with)You are really limited in todays world. There is a brand new Nylon texture from Shaw called Dreamin that is big big big value. It is a textured plush though! 15 year warranty.. Nice finish with r2x in an evertouch nylon ...12 and 15 wide ..you should be able to buy for around 20 /yd installed and it is really nice. A nylon Frieze makes it tough to be under 20 bucks. Stay away from the POLY if you can. Tommorrow if I can remember...i can make a couple of notes and post more choices for you to take to your Shaw retailer. We have an Anso Pod..that is big value and priced under 3 sq ft carpet only..but it is great value and all Nylon. I have an evertouch POD that I want to look at. This dreamin product is as nice as it gets for the money...The rep may not sell it to the stores in your region though, If he even knows about it. I get to see stuff as it's introduced. I can get you a style number for it but it's called Dreamin and the roll price I buy it at would get you under 20 if the store wants your business. I would be at 19.73 installed with a 7/16 6 LB at a slightly reduced margin. A frieze though will be about impossible. Walkabout is a little more money and not as nice in my opinion. Good Luck.

Bookmark   July 31, 2011 at 8:00PM
gmp3

Thanks floortech I appreciate your help.

Bookmark   August 1, 2011 at 12:18AM
gmp3

FYI, I ended up with Mohawk Stylish Nature for about $20.50/yd intalled with 1/2" 8lb pd. It seems pretty nice. Goes in next week.

Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 5:25PM
More Discussions
Color/species of new wood floor next to original VG Fir?
Our 1918 house was added on to in the 80's and rather...
fjernsyn
Difference visually between 1/8 and 3/16 grout joints?
We're thinking 1/8 but the installer is suggesting...
joep_2009
Marble floor in a high traffic area?
I was planning to purchase marble for the floor in...
lucik77
Handscraped hardwood -- will it become dated?
So we are in the process of building a new home. We...
carsonheim
Natural hickory...yes or no....pics inside
I got a sample box and put it out on over the carpet...I...
msekfe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™