Punctum plugs in tear ducts

evatxMarch 26, 2004

Has anyone had this done? My eyes are a mess! Cataracts, Glaucoma plus Sjogren's....dry eyes are severe. Opto inserted the plugs in my lower tear ducts Monday. Today one of my eyes is very irritated. I think the plug has worked its way out a bit. These are the permanent plugs. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these?

BTW, I have an appt. tomorrow to have them checked.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pam_SewsAlot

Sorry EvaTX, I have never heard of it before. I certainly hope you are feeling better.

Pam.

Bookmark   March 30, 2004 at 8:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara_the_brit_z6_ct

I had it: they tried me out with temporary ones (the ones that eventually dissolve) and it was very successful. When I had the permanent ones it, they drove me nuts. While I think they are an excellent solution for most people with severly dry eyes, in some cases the tear duct is at an angle, so that the tip of the plug rubs the eyeball (this happened in my case) and I had to have them removed.

If you have any concerns, go back and have them checked: it only takes a moment to check, and it would reassure you. If you have irritation, it may be that one has indeed worked out some way.

Bookmark   April 7, 2004 at 3:52PM
More Discussions
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
I have RLS (Restless Leg syndrome) .... anyone else taking this drug ?
Anyone suffering with Restless Leg syndrome? I have...
vieja_gw
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™