Red Spot on Projector

floridajaneMarch 3, 2006

A red circle appears on the center of the screen now when we watch a b&w movie on the projector. Is this a stuck pixel, as another poster mentioned? Can we fix this?

Any thoughts?

--Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floridajane

Oops-- scratch that first post. I know this isn't a stuck pixel, actually, since it takes up about 20 percent of the screen. Looks more like a circular red tint on the screen with the picture showing through more than anything. Surely the circle is there all the time, but of course it's very obvious on black and white movies. Okay, now that I've straightened my question out, does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?
--Jane

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 4:48PM
schindo

What kind of projector? What kind and size of screen? How far back is the projector from the screen?

Bookmark   March 7, 2006 at 10:34PM
floridajane

We have a Sharp 800 x 600 LCD projector. The screen is a high-contrast gray 6 ft. diagonal; it was an e-bay special that we bought a few years ago, so I don't remember what make it is. The projector sits about 11 feet back from the screen and rests on a coffee table. We can't find any way to remedy this tint spot, so any ideas you might have would be great! Thanks, schindo!
--Janie

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 6:47PM
rokanije

Could be a dust blob on the red lcd panel.Do a Google search on LCD dust blob and there is a hit on a Sony that actually shows what it looks like on a blue panel I believe. If that is what you see except red then you will probably have to blow out the panels under the air filter with canned air.

Bookmark   March 17, 2006 at 10:58PM
schindo

My first thought. Try changing out the high contrast grey. Try the projector on a white "flat" surface and see if that helps first before you take apart your projector.

Bookmark   March 18, 2006 at 4:22PM
floridajane

We were thinking dust blob too, so we blew some canned air in and indeed it looks like that did the trick...at least for the blob. We checked with a black and white movie, and the edges of the picture were yellow. Maybe this was the movie itself (I hope) or the projector is trying to keep us guessing. I'll try using a white surface-- great idea for getting a true picture of where the colors are showing up.

Thanks!
Jane

Bookmark   March 28, 2006 at 10:15AM
More Discussions
Midcentury decor - suggestions for media stand
My son has a very large flat screen TV with components...
bichonluver3
Upgrading speakers in FR -- stick with Bose?
We do most of our TV viewing in our Family Room. Recently...
Janice742
Help connecting my DVD recorder to my Vizio Smart TV
I recently purchased a Vizio SmartTV. I am trying to...
don_na_na
Any advice about a smartwatch
Hello Friends, Has any of you guys been looking at...
venkatd
AV wiring for new build
I'm building a new house and want to put in desired...
mtvhike
Sponsored Products
China Red Textured Silk 20" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Darya Rugs Kazak, Red, 5'6" x 7'8" M1674-476
Darya Rugs
Glass Demi Oval Pendant
Lightology
Ribbon Red Ovo Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Artemide | Callimaco Floor Lamp
YLighting