Anyone using Byetta?

devorahFebruary 27, 2007

My doctor is talking about adding this to all the other prescriptions I take. Does anybody have any experience with this? I suspect the price will be horrendous. My insurance company is covering fewer and fewer products and I am pretty sure it won't pay for this one. My prescription for Micardis is no longer covered, but I am unwilling to give it up since it actually works to bring my blood pressure down.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

Okay, guess not. Bumping this down

Bookmark   March 6, 2007 at 7:23PM
gma_j

devorah,
My husband has been using Byetta for about a year. He is Type II and has been for about 10 years. About a year ago, his Dr. wanted him to try the Byetta pen and it has worked so well for him. (Dr. said people seem to either do very well on it or cannot tolerate it, so he is one of the fortunate ones.) He takes a shot (very small needle) before breakfast and before dinner. The good thing is that he has cut out some of the other oral medications he had been taking. For him, it has been a great success in helping to control his diabetes. If you have specific questions, let me know. Jeanie

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 11:50AM
devorah

Thank you Jeanie. I don't see my Dr. again until April so I am not sure what he will decide. I am pretty certain that my insurance won't pay for this. Does your husband's?

Bookmark   March 10, 2007 at 7:55PM
gma_j

Devorah, we have a 50/50 copay on our prescriptions so our insurance does pay half. It is about $200 for a month, so we are out about $100 a month for his Byetta, but since it is working so well for him, it is worth it.
He has always had to keep it refrigerated, but we received a notice from Byetta last week that their new tests have shown that once it is opened, it is OK to leave it out up to 77 degrees, which will make it much handier when going out to dinner, etc.
Please post again after seeing your Dr. next month.
Jeanie

Bookmark   March 23, 2007 at 11:19AM
More Discussions
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
Blood pressure cuffs in the hospital
I was in the ER a couple of times for pain in my knee,...
emma
Right side chest pain only at night when sleeping
Hi Everyone, I've done some research, and have found...
SconsinKid
HEARING AIDS SUGGESTIONS/EXPERIENCES
Need at least one hearing aid. Dr recommends type...
Robert Givens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™