Cork Tile Conundrum

lolliJuly 18, 2012

Hi everyone, I am looking for leads and information cork flooring products and a good cork tile producer.

Our house is concrete slab on grade and we currently have floating cork floor planks throughout the first floor. We really like the look and feel of cork, but we've been unhappy with the durability of the current product. It is easily damaged past the veneer, and the seams are very much prone to being raised due to moisture.

To address these issues, we want to replace the floating floor with glue down cork tiles. I've researched the glue down cork tiles and have come across several different brands, styles and thicknesses. We want the thicker grade (commercial grade?) 5/16" and want the color to be consistent throughout �" no more veneer! We figure that with this kind of flooring, weâÂÂll still have the look and feel of cork, but damage will be less noticeable and we can replace individual tiles as needed without pulling up the whole floor.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of flooring? Like/Love/Hate it? Alternative cork products? And most importantly, does anyone have a good source for this kind of product?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dekeoboe

What are you doing to address the moisture issue? That should be your first step.

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 7:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lolli

I should clarify that the moisture is coming from the top due to aging pets and young children - not from the slab underneath the floor.

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 8:12AM
More Discussions
Somerset Country Hardwood Made in China
After ordering 1650 sf of Somerset Country hardwood,...
blondie859111
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
Has anyone purchased from value floors direct?
Has anyone purchased flooring from value floors direct? I...
willintotry
Black Walnut Grades
Hi all! Could someone tell me if these two pictures...
luciole
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™