Surface Source vinyl plank flooring Anyone tried?

jjapplebyJuly 17, 2011

Has anyone tried Surface Source Vinyl plank flooring? Going to put plank vinyl down and trying to find what does best.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancyinmich

My work takes me o a lot of nursing homes. Several have put down vinyl plank flooring in recent years. The one that did the best job at least made sure the substrate was flat and smooth. The flooring could almost fool you when it was new. In a few weeks or months, however, the flooring took on a shiny, greasy-looking finish. They really do look like greasy wood floors.

Another nursing home was not as careful with their substrate. Now that the floors have been walked on for a while, you can see the outline of circular drain or utility access plates underneath, and the "wood" makes me dizzy with the wavy up-and-down contour of the floor. Any other flooring choice would probably have been better here, the grain of the "wood" just emphasizes the problems.

So if you do get a vinyl "wood" floor, see if you can look at an installation that has been there at least several months. Do immaculate prep work on the sub-floor.

I wish I knew the names of these tiles, but they are not available to me.

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 9:33PM
More Discussions
LVP plank and tile flooring pulling apart at seams.
We installed a LVP this spring into our new addition....
moledro
cleaning hardwood floors & tile floors
What's best way to clean hardwood floors.... how can...
kat123
Brazilian Cherry with infloor heat, rug or no rug
We just got our in floor heat installed in the sunroom. Hoping...
sewwhatsnew
Where can I find some replacement Haddon Hall parquet tiles?
I've been searching the Internets for a particular...
qacer
Ceramic wood tile into sunken living room?
Getting ready to remodel a house I am purchasing. Would...
m323
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™