I'm new here, as of June 3

tggrsmommyJune 18, 2004

I lost my beautiful baby girl Emily to leukemia on June 3. I just wanted to actually find a forum where there are actually responses to your questions or your messages. Not a day goes by I don't miss her, but I know I did the right thing. Some say it was brave, others say it was the most loving gift I could give her. It wasn't about those things, though those things are true. It was simply the right thing. She was 4 days shy of 18 mos, and developed what was called the "alpha" strep. It ravaged her body so badly, she was unrecognizable. She became so swollen, her toes turned blue, and her face started rotting because of the meds they used to keep up her bp. They did an EEG on June 3, and determined she was having seizures in her brain, and this time there wasn't enough activity to sustain any quality of life. I realized then, that her motions with her fingers and her lips, were her telling me "bye-bye, Mama". She was no longer there. We let her go. Yes, it was the hardest decision we ever made, but it was also the easiest, in terms of what was best for Emily. I was just looking for other grieving moms to talk to and maybe gain a few friends. I know of a few from another board that might be willing to come over here, if they don't already know of it. Anyway, feel free to email me: tggrsmommy@yahoo.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
StefCo_NJ

Though I'm not a grieving mom (I'm a grieving daughter), I just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss. Though we all know 'pain' here, losing a child like that is something I can't even imagine. May you find peace and comfort in the days to come!
-Stef

Bookmark   June 18, 2004 at 3:58PM
dian57

Tggrs,
I am so very sorry for your loss. There are many here who have lost children, lost parents, or lost siblings or spouses. It helps to know there are people who hear your feelings with compassion.

Your grief is so new and raw, it must not feel real to you. Grief is a journey that takes a long time, step by step, that changes the rest of your life.

I will keep Emily and your family in my thoughts and prayers

Bookmark   June 18, 2004 at 6:19PM
PRO
Nell Jean

Bless your heart. I can't imagine what this was like for you. Yes, you are a brave and loving person. My child was an adult who died in a motor vehicle accident. There are many of us here who are grieving mothers and we care about you.

Bookmark   June 18, 2004 at 9:49PM
lulie___wayne

I'm so very sorry for the pain that you are having to endure and have endured watching your baby leave you. I too, am a grieving mom and also a grieving daughter as of this June 3. It's so hard, I know. We just have to try to keep our faith if we are Christian and know that we will see our loved ones again and that they will have no more suffering in this hard life that we are left to live in.
You may also email me if you like.
Again, I'm so very sorry.
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

Bookmark   June 18, 2004 at 10:31PM
dcrowex

I am so very sorry...my heart aches for you. i am glad you came here...you will find many who want to offer their comfort and kind words. please accept my sincere sympathies. i cant even begin to imagine your pain.

deb

Bookmark   June 19, 2004 at 6:52AM
tggrsmommy

I'm looking at the positive side of her death. She's not suffering anymore, and I believe God will give her back someday in a healthy body. I'm going to look into having my tubes untied so I can try again. I want another little girl. I miss her so much. She was my only girl, and she was adored by her two brothers. Now, everytime they do something funny, I tell them they're making her laugh in Heaven.

Her website is www.caringbridge.org/va/emily. It has pics and most of her story, but I just don't feel like updating it. I'm thinking of just printing the guestbook and deleting it.

Bookmark   June 19, 2004 at 7:47AM
Nberg

My heart hurts for you and your family. She is truly a little angel now. I am greiving over a spouce of 44 years, but nothing could equal the loss of a child. God be with you and you keep your faith. That is what has gotten me this far. I could not be where I am today without Him.
God bless you
Nan

Bookmark   June 20, 2004 at 9:12AM
PRO
Nell Jean

You're still in our hearts, tggrsmommy.

Nell

Bookmark   July 2, 2004 at 8:03PM
Janis_G

There isn't anything like the loss of a child.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jan

Bookmark   July 9, 2004 at 9:58PM
CariJo

Sweet woman, I know what it feels like to watch them die. Leukemia is the most terrible disease... because not only does it make them sick, the "therapy" makes them even sicker. A person dying of leukemia is suffering, as we are... you did the right thing and your daughter is with my brother, in Heaven. Remember that those who suffer on earth are rewarded there. I pray for you and your family, and for a cure for this disease that has ravaged us both. Take care.

Bookmark   July 12, 2004 at 6:00PM
jujugram2004

I'm so sorry about your baby. I'm a mom to. I lost my mom and my husband last year. Its been getting eaiser talking about them since I've been here. The greiving form is the best.I even talk about my dogs who passed away day before yesterday. I hope I here from you more and keep in touch.

Love Julie

Bookmark   July 14, 2004 at 7:25PM
More Discussions
Feeling guilty because I miss my dog-Part 2
Three years ago today, I lost my beloved dog Homer....
kms4me
Gift
Hello, I joined today because a friend has just lost...
friend2U
Pennies
I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16...
mnsara
Seeing a Loved One After They Passed Away
I have heard a few stories of people who have actually...
lulie___wayne
Over 10 years and I still miss my dad
My dad died Dec. 27, 1998. He was 59. He was diagnosed...
threeoffour
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™