still grieving after 4 years

smily78250June 17, 2010

my mother passed away on july 4 2006 im still grieving i was wondering if this is normal i think about her all the time i was really close to her we talked about everything she would call me every day to ask my how i was or what wasi goin to do that day if anybody goin through the same thing i miss her so so much i cant help it so if i can get a little comfort from anyone please feel free to give me some messages please i been so depressed and i really can use some comfort ty sincerely debra mcgee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerryjillmoore

Debra,
I was just searching Yahoo and found this GardenWeb site by chance. I was actually looking up estrangement issues as I just broke ties with my 32 year old daughter today, (I¡¦m 55). She has my 2 Grandchildren, Gavin 5 and Caitlyn 1. I will miss my Grandchildren terribly, but she only ¡§allowed¡¨ us to see them a few times a year anyway because we¡¦re ¡§not good enough¡¨ for her. She has been dis-respecting me for years and I finally decided enough is enough.
Anyway, when I just read your post, I just wanted you to know that ¡§yes¡¨, it is normal to still be grieving after 4 years. You may never get over the loss of your Mother. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. My Mom will be 82 years old on 06/28. I lost my Dad on 06/18/2003 after he had been in a nursing home for 4 awful years. My Mom and Dad had been married for over 50 years. He served in the US Marine Corp for over 27 years and retired a LT Colonel when I was around 18, I think. Anyway, I still miss him today, even though we were not close at all. My parents were actually quite abusive.
I believe that my Dad visits me in spirit quite a bit, have you had any experiences like that? I find them comforting, but some times sort of annoying. º
I just wanted you to know that there is someone out here in ¡§cyber space¡¨ who does care how you feel, okay?
You may want to talk to your Doctor about your depression. I am taking an anti-depressant, generic for Zoloft for years. It seems to help, although it will hurt your sex drive! º
Take care and keep your chin up. Please know that your Mom is in a better place!
Jill Moore

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 5:05PM
More Discussions
Over 10 years and I still miss my dad
My dad died Dec. 27, 1998. He was 59. He was diagnosed...
threeoffour
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
hard to let go
I lost my husband of 37 years in just 3 weeks of finding...
greendalelady
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy, see link Here is a...
Konrad___far_north
Loss of my Precious son
Today marks one week that I lost my precious 22 year...
staciet129
Sponsored Products
Chi-Lin Pink and White Rectangular: 4 Ft. 7 In. x 7 Ft. 7 In. Rug
$378.00 | Bellacor
Flat Weave Stripe Pattern Grey/ Ivory Wool Area Rug (4'x6')
Overstock.com
Leslie Capiz Buffet - ALABASTER
$3,099.00 | Horchow
Black Magic Barstool - Set of 2
| Dot & Bo
Juno 4" Line Voltage NonIC New Construction Recessed Housing
$22.99 | Lamps Plus
Denby Heritage Veranda Mixing Bowl - VER-110M
$78.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™